OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll cage question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Roll cage question Reply with quote

Since I'm not gonna be racing this thing, should I take the roll cage out or buy helmets? I can see my nogan getting rattled off the cage ..what would some of you do? and if keeping the cage in is a better idea, where can I get some decent helmets with intercom system?
RPM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: 277 Reply with quote

Shocked 110 mph boat that you plan on runnin the rivers in , I think you are the one that has to decide if you and your passenger need the cage and the harnesses . my .02 put some foam on it where it's hitin you . btw very nice set-up you scored Exclamation Cool be nice to see that boat racing up here someday , be safe and have fun
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt very much that it is going to see to many 110 mph runs down any river before I can establish some comfort with reading a river. With that being said, I believe I just answered my own question. I'll leave it in. I think I did good on it as well, may be a bit much for a first river boat but what the hell....LOL. I think the only racing I will be doing is to the bulk station for more fuel. ..LOL.. Down the road who knows, I'm always up for something to try. I'll be dragging it around with me to work this summer, so if anyone wants to do any educating while I'm in Nordegg, GP or FSJ, I'm willing to take all the advice I can get. Wouldn't mind meeting a bunch of you folks at some of the events if it works out that I'm close.

Jeff

HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad ..fat fingers
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110mph first boat Shocked ...WOW....now that's a learning curve. Which boat did you buy?
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur II:On the rocks wrote:
110mph first boat Shocked ...WOW....now that's a learning curve. Which boat did you buy?

LOL..no its not my first boat., first aluminum hull yes. I've had quite a few glass boats that didnt drag their asses..lol. I bought Paul Bagshaws tunnel. It's still gonna be a bit of a learning curve though Smile

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it as first Riverboat. Smile I just wonder how easy they are to get off the sand bars. Very Happy I would love to buy a tunnel to play around with and go fast. I'm just scared that I'd feel obligated to race it. I'm itching to do 100 on the river though.
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it as first Riverboat. Smile I just wonder how easy they are to get off the sand bars. Very Happy I would love to buy a tunnel to play around with and go fast. I'm just scared that I'd feel obligated to race it. I'm itching to do 100 on the river though.

I'm assuming here of course, that it is simply a matter of "willing" them off a sand bar..lol. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be able to write a book on getting unstuck within the next few months.
I finally get some days off starting Tuesday, so I'm stoked about going to pick it up next weekend.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do a little surfing, but I see it's that blue one with the lightin' on it...correct? That is one sweet lookin' boat. I probably watched that You tube video of it going through that channel down in the states a dozen time's. I saw it at Outlaw last W/E along with that Yellow Steptec with a 572 that Churnyk built....did someone around here buy that beauty?
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do a little surfing, but I see it's that blue one with the lightin' on it...correct? That is one sweet lookin' boat. I probably watched that You tube video of it going through that channel down in the states a dozen time's. I saw it at Outlaw last W/E along with that Yellow Steptec with a 572 that Churnyk built....did someone around here buy that beauty?

LOL.. I think I have watched that vid in excess of 40 times... I blame Raven Crew for all of this ..lol That yellow one that Rob built was the one I originally wanted but was sold as soon as I started to move on it..hesitation kills! That would have been a bit more piratical for me. Then I jumped on Pauls boat when I saw it. Seemed like a good price for what I was getting. Im gonna go get it on Thursday from Osoyoos ( it better not be in BLMS yard ..lol) and once i get a bit of time in it I'll decide whether or not I made a good choice. I'll likely get the decision made by the wife after laundry day ..LMAO.. I'm stoked about getting in it for the first time..we'll see how the first passenger feels as it's likely gonna be a shit show until I get used to it.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it must have been a different one I saw.....Have fun with the new toy!
ravencrew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOLIGAN wrote:

LOL.. I think I have watched that vid in excess of 40 times... I blame Raven Crew for all of this ..lol That yellow one that Rob built was the one I originally wanted but was sold as soon as I started to move on it..hesitation kills! That would have been a bit more piratical for me. Then I jumped on Pauls boat when I saw it. Seemed like a good price for what I was getting. Im gonna go get it on Thursday from Osoyoos ( it better not be in BLMS yard ..lol) and once i get a bit of time in it I'll decide whether or not I made a good choice. I'll likely get the decision made by the wife after laundry day ..LMAO.. I'm stoked about getting in it for the first time..we'll see how the first passenger feels as it's likely gonna be a shit show until I get used to it.

Well Hooli you can blame for the video, But please don't blame me for the excessive electric bill from your washing and drying of cleaning out your shorts! Laughing Authur the video was shot from Paul's Boat with a lipstick camera. It was during last years racing season running through Hoopa. I think I posted it in the video section. I'll take a look and if it's not in there I'll post it. I'm sure you've seen it though! Very Happy
ravencrew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it's in there it's posted as ONE WICKED RIDE. Very Happy
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravencrew wrote:
HOOLIGAN wrote:

Well Hooli you can blame for the video, But please don't blame me for the excessive electric bill from your washing and drying of cleaning out your shorts! Laughing Authur the video was shot from Paul's Boat with a lipstick camera. It was during last years racing season running through Hoopa. I think I posted it in the video section. I'll take a look and if it's not in there I'll post it. I'm sure you've seen it though! Very Happy

LOL ..If I do decide to get into racing these things down the road ...I'm gonna approach Stanfields and Chlorox for sponsership Very Happy

SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my personal opinion BUT at anything over about 75 mph I want a helmet on with a full face shield. The air coming off the deck of a tunnel buffets you pretty bad and seems to spill right into your eyes. Also any debris/bugs that might be in the air are frighteningly distracting when they hit you in the face/neck/eyes....
"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: