OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new guy lookin' for advice/info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastfreddie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: new guy lookin' for advice/info. Reply with quote

hey all!
first off, you guys must be havin' a blast! i've looked at the vids, pics and read quite a few pages of your forum as well as visited other sites in the search for the perfect boat...the whole idea of an adventure boat is awesome.
i have a campground on the susquehanna river(PA) and it's obvious that a glass/prop boat is out...the river is very shallow and rocky. my search for the perfect river toy brought me to the phantom sportjons...
http://www.phantomjetboat.com/
these seemed to be the answer to my dreams...until i found the outlaw eagles. frickin' awesome!!!
i'm a motorhead and performance gets my vote everytime but, concerns have to be addressed before i can say that any boat will do what i need/expect.
hittin' bottom or anything else appears to be a none issue with both of these brands so my issues tend to be related to draft in the displacement mode and gettin' up on step.
if you could help by answering some specifics, and tell me whether it even matters, i would be very appreciative.

...idling, what is the typical draft of the sportjet powered eagles vs v8 eagles? (btw, i'd pony up for an aluminum block).
...what is the planing draft, or more correctly, how low can i go and keep going?
...what's the minimum planing speed for safe navigation/manuevering?
...how deep of a hole do i need to get up on plane?
...can eagle mount a winch in my bow? Laughing

that should get me off to a good start. i look forward to your shared insights and experiences.

thanks,
fred

Unsinkable 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my place diverter gives my boat a excellent hole shot so you may want one of those, it just jumps right out to plane. If you get a shallow V with a teflon bottom, tight grating on your intake, you may sacrifice performance, but be able to run in the shallower water. I also wondered about the winch after my last experience on the rocks. Maybe if a person brought a come along and a steel stake to anchor from that could work, as places to anchor from are not always handy, or in the wrong direction then you may want to go. Retractable wheels?
Dano

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently started to carry a chain saw winch and 300' of rope in my boat. I have not had to use it yet but pretty sure it may come in handy one day.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred I could write a huge long response to you here but my typing isn't "that" good

We can accomplish alot more on the phone. Give us a call or PM me a number and time where I can reach you

Thanks for your interest, you most certainly would NOT have been happy with that SportJon for your needs.

Cheers

James Laughlin

403-347-4565

fastfreddie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
i was just typing up my build ideas when you pm-ed.
thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: