OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Video footage thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reeder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree with RPM more. While the hard rockin' music is awesome and pumps you up I find it's even better when you get to hear the sweet baby Jesus horse power pumpin scream of those V8's rippin through the water (and sportjets for you sportjet racers). That coupled with some music and commentary(to get you into the actual circumstances) could be a good combination. Sort of like "Warren Miller" style only edgier. His videos over the years have done extremely well for the skiers and snowboarders. It's pretty easy for us to sit back and say make the video like this or make it like that when we're not the ones spending all the time, money and effort to make them. Razz Laughing Hat's off to you folks making all those videos, I think it's a great way to give this sport some exposure and get it to the next level.
ravencrew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the music issue,
Maybe we could all start sharing websites that have that sound everyone is looking for. I'll start by saying if you subscribe to Shockwave.com their music is limited when you want a track with lyrics. Vince went to the same site and must have purchased one of the songs without lyrics. I have the version with lyrics. Either way it's a pretty good song with or without lyrics.
I don't remember if Warren Miller Films have songs with lyrics. The last time I watched I was impressed a lot! Got to watch it at a movie theater
looks neat on those big screens.

On the video issue,
There is also a video I've been watching to get ideas. I'll post the link and see what you guys think. It has an awesome intro shot plus I think personally it is the way we should start making are videos for boat shows or any other kind of outdoor adventure show. I know the hold one in Reno, Nevada if you ever get a chance to attend one of these shows, You should differently try to attend. As for all of the arm chair quarterback on videos this is exactly what we are all looking for guys IDEAS!!! Keep it going the more input the better the videos it just takes time.
Here is the link I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9T3m59qB1w

Remember to reply on the video as a whole the from the opening shot to the final frame.
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excellent video.

The level of arrogance the guy that pisses excellence is what people what to see. Its what took monster trucks to the media level they are now. I have no ideas on how to orchestrate it but one guy shaking his fist at another after getting blasted by another guys rooster tail or a pushing match is what sells these days. If somebody had decent footage of a collision between 2 boats that would get somebodies attention. I would guess that half the people that watch motor sports of any kind is to watch for the wrecks. Not because they have a favorite driver.

I had wanted a river boat since some guy seen me standing on the side of the river 11 years ago and stopped and gave me a ride. But the straw that broke my resistance to buying was the OE 16X video in the media link on Outlaws web page. That is full of some good footage as far as I'm concerned. Lots of action. With as much action as the sprint boats have going on I am surprised that they aren't main stream yet.

Editing is going to be big for sure but like anything either hire it done professionally or its the old trial and error. May be if you could get a hold of a trailer that somebody else had submitted and had interest in, you could get an idea of what they want to see. Probably easier said than done.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed finally' the power of video is far greater than any other form of media for promoting jet boats and our product be it boats or racing.
(pretty sure that's a good reason why I'm here)

On the music issue I think a far better avenue to go down would be finding up and coming bands who actually want the exposure. There are so many new bands that play great music but have yet to sign that big deal and to be honest I have been very very unimpressed with any of the shareware music I have found and listened to.

I also think collectively we can make a video far better than that off road one and do It without "staging fights in the pits" lol. Our sport doesn't need that stuff for people to see how much adrenaline is involved. Its a great sport and creates its own excitement, we just need to capture it on tape!

I think I'll ask Vince to step in here but how many guys out there want helmet cams??? Perhaps Vince could orchestrate a group purchase to get the best price and then we'll have that much more footage to use. I believe he can get the best deals price wise

Cheers

Skinnydipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xero & Vince:

As you know already, I'm in for one (highest res. and the necessary additional toys Cool ) A.S.A.P.

Thanks

finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are helmet cams the same as the roll bar cams that you guys have talked about in the past. I thought that any cam could have a remote lens attached so I went out and bought one that records to DVD only to find out that there isn't a helmet cam available for it.

Make a long story short. I'm interested if somebody is buying bulk.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two bits....First off as far as the music goes, I'm not sure about the copyright stuff, but I know as far as getting tunes I have been using LIMEWIRE for about 6mons and have not had a problem finding any song that I can think of. The girl got me an ipod for christmas and when I saw it held 1000 songs I was thinking I would never even come close to filling it, but from limewire alone I aquired about 450 so far.I'm sure when the time is right to "present" footage to the people on the reciving end(and there laywers)they would let you know what's acceptable and what's not.As far as tagging a song on with a homemade video, It's been done a millon+ times already. I can really see what you guy's are trying to accomplish by making it more main stream and have been listening to the people in the motocross world for years trying to bring more people in, and have more(and better)TV coverage. They constantly compare it to NASCAR and want to bring it to that level. I think this Forum is a huge step in it's self, and this year there will be many people out there wanting to contribute in some way. I know I've thought of it....I'm going to purchase a good quailty camcorder with a helmet cam<(for my excursions) and start playing around in the trade.I will gladly donate any footage I caputure from "my spot"on the river to help out the guy's, like NWT, that make the winter's a wee bit easier.I'm sure in time with the proper footage a network like OLN or maybe even SPEED would love to be involved.After all I've seen lawnmower racing,figure eight school bus races and even rock crawling on man made course's on TV. I'd much rather watch a sport with a little excitment that is actually a challange to capture.If the canadian motocross race's can mesh with Sportsnet, I can't see a problem getting this sport out there.Inside the pit's, the fans and classic line's like Dale's Z99"If you think going 115mph with no brake's is safe......" interview will really sell a video.....CL
Izzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that you guys are trying to get your video's on OLN or the Water Channel. Check back in the forum archives, I brought up this topic quite a while ago and there were issues that I seem to recall with OLN.

From a guy that is trying to get his jet boat going, I love seeing the excellent footage that you have. Xero your going to have to send me your next DVD. I can't get enough of your first one.

Just look at the following that NASCAR has, you guys could be the next big thing.

Good luck with your Water Channel bid, can't wait to hear more.

Izzy

73 Wreidt Spoiler
460 Ford
Berkeley Jet Drive
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to begin?....music
The bottom line for me is that we have 2 types of viewing audiences, some want music videos and some want a tv ready approach. If we want to take jetboat racing videos to tv then no copyrighted music. If you just want to see some race clips then we can use almost anything. From my standpoint as the guy producing the dvds, I need to be able export the finished product, not just locally western Canada, but into the US(ebay ex.) and from here on in that means no music that has not been liscensed.
Xero does have a good point about up and coming bands, but most are out west in Van or east in TO and not easy to contact.

As for helmet(roll bar) cams they are the same. I use somewhat pricey cams as the cheaper ones don't have as good color reproduction and seem to fog up more after a jetwash. I have had good sccuess with www.helmetcamera.com and their 480 or 560 line extreme kit, add a 10ft extension(needed) a LANC(needed) and custom toggle switch hooked up to a COMPATABLE camcorder(they are getting hard to find) a mini dv or HI8 capture deck runs around $1-1300 us dollars which is not really disposable like a small handycam.
I can get a bit better pricing, but if you are in the us you may as well order direct or get one off me this summer at the worlds(but I need advance notice)
I could take the searching out of it for you and put together a complete kit with bullet cam, all cables, camcorder(more than likely used from ebay) huge battery, all prewired and taped ready to go or help people source their own system. Local pawn shops are good for finding camcorders that are a couple years old and have the inputs required. Most manufacturers have dropped the cameras that accept all the required inputs or they are now available on the expensive models.

Overall there can be no doubt we are heading in the right direction to attract more people into the sport. Even the frozen arctic of Yellowknife people that have seen Rapid Runner are buying jetboats, nahanni's, E5's even a new HC extreme shallow came in this fall so we must be doing something right.
I am glad to hear some of the comments about the videos and advice as to the future and what everyone wants to see is always helpful.

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see Rapid Runner II Vince!! Rolling Eyes

haha sorry i had to!

On a more serious note its important to stress if you intend to run/buy a helmet cam do not rush into it blind. Got to the site Vince posted and use their guide/list of what camera's have the correct inputs especially the Lanc. It will make your life so much easier trust me here. for racing it is almost a must. Having to dig the camera out of a bag to start/stop etc is a huge pain and the lanc takes care of that by allowing you to use a remote

Razz

Cheers

ravencrew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First off as far as the music goes, I'm not sure about the copyright stuff, but I know as far as getting tunes I have been using LIME WIRE for about 6mons and have not had a problem finding any song that I can think of.

Thanks for the input Auther II, I looked at the site you mentioned the site seems to be shareware. Didn't look at all of the licenses for the music but most are for I Pod sharing. The site has a link on the bottom about the licenses. Some of the best songs are just not legal. I think James has a good point about finding local bands GREAT IDEA!! Thanks Vince for the link to the helmet cam site lots of information in there.

I glad to be a part of this great sport of RACING this is truly a one of a kind entertainment. Sooner or Later this sport will break through the barrier of sports. It takes just one person to persue their dream. We have more than one person pushing that dream of mainstream. To each and everyone of those individuals who are working their butts off behind the scenes THANK YOU!! You Tube was just the beginning! Watch Out sports channels hear we come!! Cool
Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps being sued is not such a bad thing if we are trying to promote our sport? What is that saying....."any press is better than no press"! If we put a nice video out and use songs that are mainstream and popular (which I personally think helps our cause) and if we are taken to task by some legal beagals...then we can use that press to promote our sport! Chances are we will only be litigated if we start making big money......small sales wont attract that much attention. With illegal computer downloads and file sharing...I think the music copyright folks have way bigger fish to fry. My father has been playing copyrighted music in his band for over 50 years and we are still avoiding the copyright police. My two cents.......
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I think YellowHammer just volunteered to be the scapegoat in this little project.

"Sony Sues Yellowhammer Productions for Copyright Infringement" has a nice ring to it hey? lol

Seriously its no joking matter, and forget about the fines and or damages if you lost just paying legal fees to sort the mess out would devastate any one of us financially and more than likely even a group of us. Thats not an option.....

I hate mixing to anything other than music I love, its so much harder and it think it makes productions incomplete when I can't do it the way it "feels" right. This is a problem for us to solve for sure.

Cheers

ravencrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I call taking one for the TEAM Merv. The television lawyers would have a cow if you used copyrighted music on a television show without the music companies consent. If the video or racing show ever made it to television you have to deal with all of their lawyers. That brings up one more point about TV, If you get any interviews with racers or fans they are going to have to sign a waiver to be on television. I know this because their are always film crews at my job. I personally try to avoid them. The waiver is called a consent form used in television it allows the Filmer to legally put your image and voice on television. They are pretty basic forms I think one could find one on the Internet. Man there are a lot of hoops to jump through!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: