OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good luck to everyone in Whitecourt....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Good luck to everyone in Whitecourt.... Reply with quote

Wish I could have made it there but time was a little too tight.
Be safe and keep the shiny side up everyone
Cheers

buellit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yupp good luck to all. Call me crazy but I am thinking two local boys will take 1st and 2nd overall, wont name names, as dont need to jinx them, also a better chance for my prediction as there must be 4 or 5 boats from whitecourt.
Will R

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might want to think that over with the blue oval from hay runnin great finnaly!!! p.s.good luck with the boat alvin,hope she works for you!when in doubt, hammer down!
buellit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmmm yupp I might of jumped the gun there, and mabee even jinxed a couple whitecourt boats. Blue Oval did kick some A$$, not even sure if he needed WOT, he never had it WOT when he went passed us anyways. Simple note,sbfx is turning into quite the class with some real quick boats. Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope someone can post some times and official results asap. As I am just a guy sitting on the banks watching.
Dano

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. Come on people. I'm 169 km (2 hr and 25 minutes) away from the boat launch. OK they are rough roads and I have to work and can't get there to see the race.

Let's hear some results. Please.

buellit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Dano know is replying yet must still be working on boats and drinking beer or more than likely both. I will give ya what I got, (very unofficial). Like I said Quality Care totally dominated. Karey came in first (i believe) in his class to the windfall bridge. Then loaded up and dns the leg back. And was not in the circuits. Rough guesstamit Doc was 3rd I believe to the bridge. He dns the circuits. Paddy second to the bridge (i believe), and second in circuits (behind quality care), I believe Brians boat was a very very close third to the bridge, too bad Karey broke as from 1st to third there was only about 4-6 seconds. (would of made for some great ciruits). I believe Stoker was second to bridge and in circuits. Was most impressed with airtime in fx- he was almost too fast if u know what I mean. Mabee that is kind of nasty to say as his boat was sitting so good in water, and front wing, (he did his homework). Tune tune tune. That is all I got, and remember between beers and trying to remember everything this is very very unofficial, (but I think close) Sorry for not mentioning anyone else, but if the racers would put there profiles up it would be alot easier to name them.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with Whitey? he was running pretty strong in Peace
and did Sharkey make it up??
what about Sj? is everyone being Thunderstruck again?
thanks for the update, don't feel bad Dano Im like 4000 kms away! Razz

Cheers

ntjetboater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool Having a cold one watching race tapes!!!!! Charging batteries from the 6 roll bar cams!
Great day of racing. SJ is closer. FX is a battle with 5 boats running strong.
Will, the NWT STORM is 3rd and running good. Jesse is rippin in B class, we are just watching the roll bar footage right now of MIss B Haven.

Thats all for now, I need some beer...I mean sleep Very Happy

Dano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Thanks guys. Keep it coming.
Sounds like Spencer the King, is dominating again. He's got an awesome boat and has some unreal driving skills.

MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buellit- The profile pages are still locked.

We had many ups and downs this weekend, despite our troubles we had a great time and would like to thank all who volunteers who put on the Whitecourt race.

We started off on Thursday by breaking 2 pushrods for the third time for yet undetermined reasons. We reduced our fuel pressure, float levels and increased our valve clearances and the motor ran strong all weekend. After 2 years we were able to shake most of our gremlins and actually race a full weekend. I said most of the gremlins, in the last race of the weekend, we were almost 15 minutes in the lead, we unloaded and went to start up and the starter drive blew right out of the starter. We thought we were screwed, about 6 minutes to start time and Steve Ford (Special Fx), his Navigator (sorry I never got your name)and Brad Sandul (Nervous Wreck) manually put the starter drive back in and held it in with a paddle until we could cycle the starter until it engaged and the engine started, Hallelujah!! 1 minute 50 seconds to start, we put on our seat belts and helmets and started to drive over to the start line only to find out that our diverter cable was suddenly not working and it takes us a long time to get on step with out it. The current before the start line was very strong and we could only make about 1-2 mph headway as time was ticking away. We finally entered (we thought) the staging area about 3 seconds after the green flag went up. As every one raced away we struggled to get on step and after about 1.5 minutes we finally got going.
We weren't sure if it was worth driving hard to make up our lost time as we still had a fairly large lead, but after about about 1/2 a lap, I couldn't help myself and I put the peddle down. At the end of the race (4 laps) we were 25 seconds behind the leader, if we only had 2 more laps. Rolling Eyes

On the return leg on Saturday from Windfall, #181 Miss Magoo and us had a side by side race for 18.5 of the 20 mile leg, until we spun out on a corner. We were disappointed but happy we didn't sink. NWT Extreme Video got some incredible footage of our spin. This was the most exciting race I've ever been in, side by side racing for nearly the entire race, he couldn't pass us and we couldn't get a head of him.

It was a great weekend even though we lost our lead when we were given 2 - 15 minute penalties for infractions during the last race of the weekend (starter incident above), 1 DNS as only our bow entered the staging area, not our entire boat and the other penalty was for impeding traffic as we entered the course after the 1 minute flag.

The season is way too short. I can't wait until the Worlds next year! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: