OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new impeller for 240 SJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skinny_water

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: new impeller for 240 SJ Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the switch to the new impeller I hear it is a 4 blade stainless versus whatever they come with, I think it is just a 3 blade? Currently have the 240 SJ in a 18' lynx 12 degree which we just got this spring and have almost 20 hours on it and it cavitates when you put the hammer down right off the bottom (there may be a nick or two in the impeller due to a bit of a learning curve!) but it seems excessive especially when the boat is full of fuel (95gallons) and 6 people. So to make a long story shorter I was wondering if anyone has switched? how much of a difference it made and what the cost is? thanks in advance!
Akgravelpumper

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have had a few runs with the new impeller, cavitation is greatly reduced hole shot seems a little better hard to compare since I installed impeller before breakup so it has been a few months since i ran the other impeller. rpms hold @5900 top speed may be down a mile or two haven't gps'd it. Pricey though almost double standard 4 blade $. There is a pic of it somewhere on this forum.
Alumaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put one on my 240 / 19' HC and love it. Ran about 400 miles on it in the last few weeks. Just as everyone has been saying, better hole shot, takes a lot to make it break loose. Reverse is most noticeable improvement for me, can back up against a 5mph current. Also does 360's at twice the G's (that's important Rolling Eyes ). Have been pumping a few rocks to, so will be interesting to see how its looks at the end of the season. Only negative seems to be using a bit more fuel.
I would recommend it for anyone running shallow stuff and looking to trade off speed and mileage for a more forgiving impeller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: