OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registration numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unsinkable 4

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Registration numbers Reply with quote

This maybe a dumb question but do jetboats need to be registered like lake boats? I did get numbers on my last jetboat and posted them on the bow, but see many other boats without and haven't bothered with my latest boat. We had the police say hi once and I didn't have any problems but didn't want to ask him about it while on the river and have troubles.
Alumaman

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your in Canadian waters, for any lakes or rivers, your boat will need to be licensed. Numbers on the bow is a license, and is required for boats over a certain size and horse power.
Registration is usually reserved for larger boats (over 30ft) or ships as it proves legal ownership, registration uses the boats name. Below is a web site which is a good source of information on the subject.
My guess is that law enforcement really doesn't care to much about licensing, they are more concerned with looking for alcohol, making sure lifejackets are available, those types of things. In 30 years of boating I've been stopped on the water lot's but never checked for proof of license, even thought I've always had it on board.

http://boating.ncf.ca/license.html
Unsinkable 4

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I think I will give them a call and try to do this. I'm running a homebuilt 19ft and doesn't have searial number yet, so I may need to get one of those. If no one else has had trouble from not posting the numbers on the bow I don't think I will bother either, but supose registration may be good to have, even though I haven't needed it in the past either.
Izzy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the following web site it has everything you need to register your boat, and it only take 10 minutes.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/how-to.htm

Izzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: