OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LS3 with a Berkley Race Pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Larrabee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: LS3 with a Berkley Race Pump Reply with quote

Has anyone done this? Was wondering about the low end, mid range, and top end performance? this would be on a 22ft 8-10 degree hull about 3000 lbs.
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! it is the basis of the CX racing class. Also all kodiak 6.2 engines are ls3 engines. Are you specifically asking about the ct525 or the fueley 525. If so then yes also works great. the ct525 likes to rev but is still happy in the 3-3500 range.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Bob Larrabee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the SE US. I do not race. I want more performance than my current 240 Merc EFI on a 22ft 10 degree hull. Looking at a custom built hull with a 545 hp LS3 with super charger on a Berkley race pump. I have a Berkley race pump from another boat that I was looking to install on the new boat . I wanted to know what to expect on the low and mid range performance with this set up. I would like to know I have 70+ MPH in the rig whenever I choose to use it so I can see my friends asses pucker up. I do not run a lot of white water, we simply do not have it here. but I love the low end and mid range performance as much as the top end.
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so your kinda going in two different directions. You say you don't race but you want a berkely race pump. Is that just a race style pump? Then it would depend on what you want as far as performance. Mostly bottom and mid or just top end.
An LSA is a good choice although I am not even sure they are available down there. 70 mph is very easy to attain if your not expecting to run a heavey boat. Eagle can biuld a custom hull and attain your goals pretty easily I would think.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boosted wrote:
An LSA is a good choice although I am not even sure they are available down there.

The LSA is available down there. Marine power and Kodiak offer them in the states.

Bob Larrabee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: LS3 with Berkeley Reply with quote

I have a Berkeley 12JR Race Pump with a drop snop from an older style fiberglass hull. If you look on the Berkeley web page it appears to be the same one on the pic. I was looking to connect it to a LS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: