OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uhmw on top of qt-100?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneddonrider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Uhmw on top of qt-100? Reply with quote

I have a 12 degree bobcat and stopped really quick on a sand bar this year while my friend Ina extreme duty slid by easily. I was really surprised at how much the steel bottom on my boat grabbed and stopped the boat compared to the plastic bottom.
Can I put Uhmw on top of my qt-100? Would it be more hassle than its worth? I was thinking just the 48" Center. Anybody ever tried this?
ALEX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put uhmw over top of qt no problem

You will lose some performance...typical of uhmw as it is not perfectly flat...and it can tear and crack over time

I assume you have maintained the slipkote/graphite coating on your qt/aluminum

Another product is an epoxy called gluvit...works well on sand...they use it in Oregon...but hitting rocks will scrape it off
sneddonrider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you bolt the the uhmw on using the existing holes and use longer bolts? Could u use less bolts than is used to hold the qt on or is it better to use all of the bolts? I have sprayed a couple of cans of John Deere slip coat paint on last year but I didn't do a very good job of removing the rust before spraying(in a hurry to go boating). A good coat of paint would help for shure.
scottp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Skid plate Reply with quote

Why is it most qt100 skid plates don't cover the complete bottom? Should be able to weld steel strakes,on I would think? When my white plastic cracks off was thinking of getting skid plate to cover the whole bottom and a strip of plastic too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: