OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Lights Reply with quote

Just came home in pitch black from a successful moose hunt. Sure would of been better if had a better light. What do you use? Looking at a go light but what one works better? Halogen bulb led or his? What model do you have and would you buy another one?
RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a mag light LOL then I bought a 1million candle power spotlight that I plug into my 12v plugs, it's nice to have a handheld one vs a permanent mounted as I don't always have my boat pointed where I want to be going in the dark and it's nice to be able to read a ways in front of you with the light.
F3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Lights Reply with quote

If you are looking for something hand held, I have found that Underwater Kinetics make great lights for a really reasonable price. If you are in the store (west Edmonton) it will be hard to leave without a Yeti or Engle cooler - they happen to be the distributor for all of the above.

I have a bunch of the gator lights they are a bright waterproof LED 3 C that put out 125 lm, and are only about $25-30 - which is about 1/2 or less that I've ever seen the same in a pelican or stream light.

I haven't tried their bigger ones, but I've had my eye on the Cannon LED for quite some time, I'm sure the name speaks for its' self, let me know if you try it.

As for what bulbs to chose - I love the LED's they are a nice clean white light, and if you are going with a hand held, battery life is amazingly better.

Everything I've owned of theirs has been super durable, and if you we're to ever have problems - they have a great warranty.
Wooly Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rigid 6" LED bar in a combo pattern. Works very well, super tough, low power draw, lasts pretty much forever.
I'd recommend any of the Rigid bars.
[/img]

P1040318.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  304.45 KB
 Viewed:  9930 Time(s)

P1040318.JPG

scottp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it work well in the night time? Need a light bar that's remote control that puts out about 100 000 lumens lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: