OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roll bar cannards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diegogotegui

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: roll bar cannards Reply with quote

I have seen that now most fx and cx boats run a set of roll cage cannards do any of the users have proven gains or are they just for stablility. and do they adjust or are they fixed.
regards
diego garcia
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much most of the guys that use them have found not alot of speed increses with them. However the guys that are having success say that the boat is more stable allowing them to maintain a higher speed through rough sections and coming out of corners. I personally have experienced the down side to them as they can grab alot of air and actually pick the back of the boat out of the water in a wind gust. Then the heavey part starts to try and pass the front. I don't run them for that reason.

What boat are you thinking of trying them on?

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
diegogotegui

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I thought they gave you more lift therefore more speed. I was thinking on running them on a cx boat. (old yellow B mcgregor/ jese foster miss b haven boat). are they fixed or regulated?
regards
diego
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally operated by the same elec shock set up as the frt ones. I've seen them with a hand control operated by either the driver or nav also.
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ol Miss B Three. Love that boat wicked fast. The most fun boat Jesse and I raced in. Not sure if you will gain much with that boat or not. It is a pretty loose running boat to start with.
Both types of controls have been used but the manual ones can be pretty torqey on the arms.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
diegogotegui

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise boosted! I also talked to Ryan and he agreed with you that this boat won't gain with rear wings. He told me not to mess with it as it works well as it is; it is a great boat!
Regards
Diego
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: