OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire sale priced Lynx Tuchodis on Kijiji
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiggsNWT

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Fire sale priced Lynx Tuchodis on Kijiji Reply with quote

I am wondering if anyone else has noted the frequency of super cheap Lynx Tuchodi boats on kijiji lately. I personally have not been able to reach any of the ad posters.

Cheers,
Diggs

Last edited by DiggsNWT on Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
DiggsNWT

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Repo for his assistance.

Last edited by DiggsNWT on Wed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
dutchie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots and lots of scammers out there, some real scum bags , everyone should take note , so many people get sucked into and ripped off these days ,

i hope you get your money back , please keep everyone informed
Little Dipper

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I was trying to sell my boat on a number of sites and I had calls from all sorts of people in the USA looking to buy my boat. The thing is they ask if the boat is for sale still and then take the exact add, copy and paste it with there own info and then scam people. They offer it for way less and then ask for a deposit on it to hold it because everyone wants it. By the time people figure it out they have scammed numerous people. Like they always say if it's too good to be true then it probably is.
I hope the best for you and hope you get your money back.
Best of luck
DiggsNWT

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Dipper wrote:
Yea I was trying to sell my boat on a number of sites and I had calls from all sorts of people in the USA looking to buy my boat. The thing is they ask if the boat is for sale still and then take the exact add, copy and paste it with there own info and then scam people. They offer it for way less and then ask for a deposit on it to hold it because everyone wants it. By the time people figure it out they have scammed numerous people. Like they always say if it's too good to be true then it probably is.
I hope the best for you and hope you get your money back.
Best of luck

I am afraid that it is not just people from the USA...sometimes, it is the guy that launched a boat beside you last summer.

Diggs
Dale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a call from a guy, this Taylor, BC culprit has been arrested and charged. Cops are looking for more info to build the case. He lost his job and all the right stuff that should happen to these guys. I guess he has a Bobcat for sale on a couple of sites also, which he does not have. I’m trying to get some more info on who to call about this.

Last edited by Dale on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
REPO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone was picked up, it should be in the court transcripts, or the local paper. I will keep an eye out.

Last edited by REPO on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tlaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have reviewed all comments on this subject and must say a few of you are just asking for trouble. First off if you don't know the whole story it is best to keep your comments and opinion to yourself. I will not say any names but you know who you are. I guarantee you some off the comments on this feed are false and incorrect. Now this puts everything said to a new level. I don't know if you guys know what Deformation or Libel Slander is but here is the link to the Canadian Bar Association website http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/rights/240.aspx

I strongly recommend that you all read this before posting incorrect information and prepare yourself accordingly.

Regards,

Tlaw
REPO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with nobody being named, how is it slander?

Edit: I just re-read his/her statement above. He/she states that a "FEW" of us are asking for trouble. Well there were 4 different posters, so 3 of the 4 of "US" are asking for it. Kind of a threat it appears? Anyway, the only "STATEMENT" I read is that some dude from Taylor got arrested. I don't see a name, a reference to anyone in general, etc. People get arrested every day. If you (law-man) are saying that you personally did not get arrested, that's great for you. But, who are you?

Its these single post people that get on here and try and defend themselves that ends up incriminating themselves. I am not sure why you are trying to defend a nameless person that nobody on here knows the name of in the first place!

Maybe I am missing some facts that I cannot read above...........did anyone else see a name or know who this guy is or who he is trying to defend?

Last edited by REPO on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DIGGINSWEATINSWEARIN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tlaw wrote:
Hello All,

I have reviewed all comments on this subject and must say a few of you are just asking for trouble. First off if you don't know the whole story it is best to keep your comments and opinion to yourself. I will not say any names but you know who you are. I guarantee you some off the comments on this feed are false and incorrect. Now this puts everything said to a new level. I don't know if you guys know what Deformation or Libel Slander is but here is the link to the Canadian Bar Association website http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/rights/240.aspx

I strongly recommend that you all read this before posting incorrect information and prepare yourself accordingly.

Regards,

Tlaw

Can you please tell us a little more about this " deformation" you speak of? Embarassed
REPO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Diggs, I am just reading the link he provided. I will copy and paste a few highlights for you. Smile

What is libel?If you can prove that someone libeled you, and that person does not have a good defence (see the section on defences below), then a court will presume that you suffered damages and award you money to pay for your damaged reputation. But going to Supreme Court is expensive and even if you win, you may not get as much as it costs you to sue.

What is slander? It can be very hard to prove this sort of financial loss. That's why most slander cases never go to court.

I found this very interesting.

5. Responsible communication on matters of public interest
In a December 2009 case, the Supreme Court of Canada established this new defence to a libel claim. The court said that journalists should be able to report statements and allegations – even if they are not true – if there’s a public interest in distributing the information to a wide audience. This defense, which looks at the whole context of a situation, can apply if:

•the news was urgent, serious, and of public importance, and

•the journalist used reliable sources, and tried to get and report the other side of the story.

The court defined “journalist” widely to include bloggers and anyone else “publishing material of public interest in any medium.”
DIGGINSWEATINSWEARIN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tlaw, you're a joke, nice first post. This buddy of yours is a thief and a fraud and will eventually get what is coming to him. I will prepare myself accordingly, goof.
summersled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Douche Bag Radar just went off...Thanks for sorting that out Repo.
Starlight102

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is also scamming ppl on kijiji for a Polaris rzr as well! Been chasing him for 15,000 dollars for over a month now
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Fire sale priced Lynx Tuchodis on Kijiji Reply with quote

I have been following this "Fire Sale" since it all began several months ago. So other than someone supposedly being arrested, as indicated on a post, has any monies been returned to the scammed person as of yet?
The phone number which is found in one of these posts indicated the call originated from a land line in Ft St John BC and is is still a valid and current registered number. Not that this apparently matters, it is also claimed this scammer is also scamming other items. Do you know what this persons add identification name is? I ask because if true I would not even want to begin any sort of communication regarding the other items this person wishes to scam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: