OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attended the race meeting on Sat!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Attended the race meeting on Sat! Reply with quote

Awsome turn out. Many things discussed and decided on. The big one was of coarse what new class will we have that will replace A&B classes. Well for next season in Canada they will both remain or as was decided A&B+ class as a one year experimental class. The two engine groups put forth are a spec engine any where from 565 to 580 ci and the crate lsx545 620 hp engine. I think both engines have merit but it will be the amount of racers in the two respective classes that will decide which one will remain.

There was a very strong and well put together argument from Loui from AMS. Pretty much all of what he brought up was true. The lsx 454 is basically being looked at as a step up from the cx class and the engine is running on the merrits of the super tough ct525 engine. We are assuming that it will be at least as tough. Neither engine has actually been tried and tested at this point.
Cost wise from a clean boat so to speak the spec engine is around 26,900.00 and the lsx 454 would be a little under $17,000.00 with power levels being 150 hp apart.

My personal opinion is for anyone wanting to move up from cx or fx the lsx is the way to go. I bel;eive that the spec engine has merit but works much better in a large volume of racers like imca, outlaw, etc. I don't think that jet boat racing will ever achieve those numbers. Also having a spec engine makes it dificult for other countries to end up with the same engines unless they are purchasing out of the same builder. It has been proven that NewZealand and Mexico can get the crate engines without trouble. There were a few guys at the meeting that wanted to go the spec class engine but even at the meeting questions were being asked that would drive the price of that engine up to the 30,000 mark. That price seems to be getting alot closer to a custom engine and is out of the price range of the masses in my opinion.

So there it is my opinion and I welcome everyone elses if for nothing else just have some discusion on the topic.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!

Last edited by boosted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Mark....here's my opinion.

As a racer who is just starting in FX, I have a few years of experience to gain before I worry about step 3. Louie put on a great presentation and had a lot of good points. The main one I saw was achieving 115mph+, he seems convinced that the LSX will not reach or surpass this number and we really have no proof to back this up yet. I know Robbie can build one and prob make it reach these numbers, but not everyone will have a new hull or the resources to achieve 115+. The spec motor he is pushing is prob out of my price range compared to the LSX, but if it will make TWO FULL seasons, that will be a bonus.(although I'm sure if the LSX stays together you will see 2+ seasons on this mill) I'm guessing this spec class is coming no matter what and time will tell how it does, I'm a big crate fan and am really just looking forward to moving up to CX. So as it sits, if we get three boats of LSX454, they will run in B, if 3 boats show up with the AMS mill....this will be classified as A, until all this gets ironed out next season. Can't wait for 2013!!!
Dale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I was supposed to bring up at the rule meeting last weekend was: Would there be anyone opposed to allowing the US competitors, that still have BBFX race boats, to race in the A class instead of having to run unlimited. Or maybe now that we are going to have a B class we can allow them to run there, as they will still less HP and speed than most of the B+ boats will be.

Please give Brian or myself (403 347-4565) a call if you are strongly opposed to this. It is in the interest of getting more boats in the water and keeping the classes full this year. or lets hear your thoughts here

Dale
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let 'em run!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email from Brian McGregor yesterday....

After discussion we have too many classes so we took out B Class & moved the LSX 454 to A Class, The 2013 Canadian Series Overall Sponsor is Outlaw Eagle Manufacturing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: