OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wapiti river in September

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little Dipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Wapiti river in September Reply with quote

Just curious if any of you guys have run the wapiti in mid september? looking at making a trip up to the BC boarder and possibly beyond. If so where is a good place to launch? any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
mountainman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running the Wapiti mid sept and beyond can be a bit of an experience if you're running a big boat and don't have teflon. I've ran all the way to the Narraway River in Sept and just past (16' Lynx full teflon). There is some big water right at the junction with big boulders, then as you get past there the boulders get bigger. There have been a few boats wrecked up thereby some experienced boaters.

Best launch is at the Wapiti Gardens, all private land lots of boaters and everything is usually safe there.

It's a beautiful run but I will warn you if you haven't run some small, skinny water before this might not be a good run for you. You will be on your own if you go past the Narraway so be prepared in case something happens. I know of one boat that was taken out by chopper from up there. Pack lots of fuel too.
Little Dipper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, im not to keen on big boulders. I have ran some skinny water and my poor boat paid the price fro it. A few dings and some scratches seem to add some chatacter.
Thanks again,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: