OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trim tabs on a step tec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOriverbum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Trim tabs on a step tec Reply with quote

So I have been wondering if anyone has tabs similar to these, and have ever messed with them. They came raised up about 2degrees and don't seem to do anything since they are out of the water when above 30mph. The boat doesn't have any issue with a hole shot or porpoising, just that it seems to really drag its ass deep at lower planing speeds. My question is if i would set them at about 2-3 degree down would it help to lift the ass at lower speeds without affecting higher speeds being that they are out of the water( in the step) my local dealer said" they have been set for optimum performance and not to touch them"

gator2pic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.12 KB
 Viewed:  17195 Time(s)

gator2pic.jpg

MOriverbum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a epiphany, what if I add lifting strakes inside the steps? In theory they would provide ass lift at lower speeds yet wouldnt contact the water at higher speeds?
conehead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless ur porpoising at higher speeds u have no need for tabs. put 2or 3 bigger dudes on back deck at full speed and if u don't porpoise u don't need tabs at all.
MOriverbum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the boat rides great at higher speeds, but pigs at lower( with my flatter bottom buddys) just thought I could get some better lower speed performance without affecting top end
h2orescuemedic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you miss your delta pad boat yet? "the high window"

how about a side pic of this boat so i can say hi next time your out on the river.

Medicine Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had tabs on a 19 ft step tech and just put them on a 16 ft 20 degree eagle delta pad. I run race nozzles with no revese, you have a place diverter so you really dont need them, but 2 degrees up is pretty much optimum. Why don't you mess with them, I did all the time, crank them up to 5 degrees and see if you porpoise a bit, you may pick up 1 or 2 mph. If you turn them down, your boat will be better at lower speeds, but you will lose some top end. Just play around with them, they do help when your turning around on river and staying up on step compared to no tab at all. Thats my two cents.
MOriverbum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss my delta, it seemed to ride a little higher at lower speeds. dont really miss the windshield (except when it gets chilly, but when its 100 degrees out it got too hot) but like the step tec for faster speeds, its only 4mph slower with 100 less hp. got 69 mph gps (down river) out of this with a 383, my zz502 in my delta only got 73

gator3pic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.49 KB
 Viewed:  16872 Time(s)

gator3pic.jpg

Last edited by MOriverbum on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
h2orescuemedic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be a easy boat to spot with them colors. well that is till you repaint it black and yellow Smile

Glad your happy with your new ride, I can't wait till i find one of my own.

I was looking for you at the Gator boat poker run but never saw you. if you missed it it was a great time.

MOriverbum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a some different colors are most defiantly in order!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: