OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanting to buy first jet boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meisndj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Wanting to buy first jet boat Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a jet boat. I have never owned one before. I am leaning towards an Outlaw or Ali-craft hull for the toughness. I figure that a 16' to 18' boat is what I am after. Ultimately, I am interested in a boat that reaches good top speeds (60 mph), runs the shallows well, and isnt terrible on fuel. From others past experience, what kind of fuel economy and performance could a guy expect from an 18' lynx with a 6L in it? Ali-craft or Outlaw and why? Should a guy look into or consider other makes? How tough are the Eagle E5 and E6's? Any advice is appreciated.
sharky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are looking for a few different boats: rock crushers with teflon typically run 38-45 mph. 60 mph is a different animal that is allergic to skinny water unless you are going like h@ll. Boats are always a comprimise...... I'm sure lots of experts will chime in. The best boat in my opinion is the one you are in at the time. Any boat and any day on the river is a good one.
JET1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying the Boat is the Cheeppest part of owning a boat to go 60mph expect to burn $50 an hour. and as said before tough and 60 mph dont realy go together the 18ft lynx is a great boat but dont expect much more than 50mph out of it
mudslinger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree listen to the guys ,what you wanna do?if your like me pack 400 lbs in a boat your not doing much struggle!go light lots of speed fast on step still struggle in skinny water .WIFE STILL NEEEDS COMFORTS.It all wains wat u wanna do?
Meisndj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. What are the opinions on a 16-18' Alicraft or Outlaw lynx with a 6.0L? What kind of reliability can a guy expect out of this engine? I won't be driving the bag off of the boat. 95% of the time I'll be running the Nechako river in Prince George - just cruising and floating around. I like the idea of the outlaw boats over the Eagles as they're designed to be a little tougher. Not sure what kind of water depths you can comfortably run with an E5 or E6. I dont have intentions of jumping the boat off of gravel bars.
skimmer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't have those intentions either...........till I got the boat. LOL
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for rides.
-In many different boats
-In many different rivers
-With many different drivers
Then you'll have a way better idea what kinda boating you'll be doing and what "needs" you have and a better idea of what will fill those needs.

DO NOT go for a ride in a ride in a race boat. It'll be all you can think about for years. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: