OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Herb Setz Sr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Herb Setz Sr. Reply with quote

On friday we lost one of the good ones. Herb was an ambassador to our sport across this continent as well as a World Champion and a magnificent boat builder. He loved to be out on the water. Those of us who were lucky enough to have known him know he will be dearly missed and remembered forever. Services for Herb will be in Peace River on Saturday April 16 at 11 am at the our lady of peace church with lunch and a celebration of his life to follow at the Belle Marketing Center on river road. For those who cannot attend but would like to share a memory you can email it to joansetz@hotmail.com and it will be read for you there. Heres to the Captain of the Setz Racing Team may you rest in peace.

IMGP2405.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.61 KB
 Viewed:  11387 Time(s)

IMGP2405.JPG

TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb was a pioneer in the sport thats for sure, I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to spend some time with him over the years as he was one of us. He loved being out on those rivers and right up untill the rivers froze for the season he was out there enjoying life. Were gonna miss you Herb ! Rest in Peace my friend !

HERB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.65 KB
 Viewed:  11279 Time(s)

HERB.jpg

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Felix for the words and the picture
saz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Herb Reply with quote

Herb has been a mentor to me for as long as I can remember, Herb Put me in my first race boat in the 80's when we raced in Lewiston. During that race we hit a pressure wave that launched us so far in the air that I really thought I had died it seemed like a long time, when we hit I felt every part of my spine crack. When we finished that leg Herb turned to me a said "Bamping" you getting back in? And thats how it started for me.
Over the years he inspired me in many different discussions, he knew my grandfather and shared a few stories about him from a different prespective that I had not heard. In all the years he knew me he never once called me by my first name, even when I visted him in the hospital resently he said "Bamping" when are you going to see our friends in Lewiston. Herb I will miss you and I will miss your furneral -but I will be doing what you would would be doing, - I write this drinking a drink with Rick Gage in Lewiston, and a here is a toast to you my friend. We are headed to riggins tommorrow.
BLOWN INCOME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to miss you herb,bought my first race boat off you and raced my first race on the salmon,everyone thought i was crazy but you supported me and drove 20 hrs to see me finish 4 th place..moved to kamlops,sorry i couldnt be there but my thoughts are with you and the family...love you buddy..vinny
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vinny I remember my first jetboat ride and it was in the boat you took to Riggins " Killin Time " if i remember correctly we killed more then just time on that trip LOL. I was 14 I think and hooked after that, so there you go Herb initiated my jetboat infatuation too. Txt me your new phone number in Kamloops

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: