OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple question....(FX)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Simple question....(FX) Reply with quote

Do any of you guys ever see the ZZ383 becoming the new FX motor? I could see the extra 75hp or so boosting the numbers up to 95mph+ maybe.....(just guessing). Its almost the same motor with equal reliability and not much more $ compared to the CT525 I believe. Or is the FX class fast enough right now? Would the ford/Dodge thing be a concern? Is there a comparable mill from them? Just thinking about this today.....(on my 7hr drive) Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

Very Happy

CT525 19271821 YOUR PRICE: $7,187.00 525HP

ZZ383 12498772 Your Price: $5,289.00 425HP

ZZ4 24502609 YOUR PRICE: $4,220.00 355HP
Alumaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving away from the ZZ4 is not likely going to happen until GMPP discontinues or changes the spec’s on the current ZZ4. Then the Nation Authorities will have to decide what crate options and engine selections will be in the best interest of the sport. But until a need for change is forced by reduced availability of the ZZ4, then I would say there is pretty much a zero percent likelihood of moving to a ZZ383. There are way too many existing FX boats with ZZ4’s to even think about a change.

In thinking about this, there is certainly a risk that something will eventually change with the ZZ4. New technology and the next best thing is so prevalent today’s market. Look how often the factories change engine generations and discontinue models.

IMHO
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that makes sense.....I kinda figured there would be a big transition to move the class, but just wanted to get a few opinions(1 out of 120views Confused ) on what people thought of a 425HP class instead of 355. Been thinking about a few different things latley and if I ever got a tunnel, I think that motor would be kick ass..... just thinking out loud I guess.....carry on! Very Happy
RED ROOSTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: arthur2 Reply with quote

ZZ4 24502609 YOUR PRICE: $4,220.00 355HP

That's my price?!!
my price is $4800, seems like the going rate ?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/ZZ4-Crate-Engine-350CI-355HP-HO-with-Aluminum-Heads-24502609-P4C2.aspx

This was the site I used for $ reference in this thread....prob US.
Jigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quoted right around $ 6000 for the ZZ383 from my GM dealer in Brooks. That was ordered out of the states. I was told these crate engines prices change almost weekly depending on availability from GM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: