OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog house delete - Need advice on something new.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pale_Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Dog house delete - Need advice on something new. Reply with quote

Hey, i looking to get rid of my current dog house and replace it with a bench seat / fuel tank , and a drop down lid. If any body has some pics for some ideas i would appreciate it , also , wondering about spray foam as a sound deadener ? What works and what doesn't. I will try and post some pics of what i currently have .... Thanks for any input !

Elena and Ryan's Boat 062.JPG
 Description:
Gives you an idea of what im trying to get rid of.
 Filesize:  60.26 KB
 Viewed:  12788 Time(s)

Elena and Ryan's Boat 062.JPG

Pale_Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tear down has begun!

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.08 KB
 Viewed:  12515 Time(s)

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 009.jpg

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.49 KB

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 007.jpg

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.57 KB

Ryan, Nico, and Elena 003.jpg

steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of boat is this reason im asking is mine used to look identical to yours can you put up some more pics of it im in the process of doing the same thing to my boat i will get some pics when the weather lets up a bit i did a checker plate engine cover on mine and it looks awesome i had a dog house set up like yours that i got rid of.
Pale_Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a Brian Clement Jet boat from Jet Man industries . i Bought it off i Bob in Stoney Plain , ive had it for almost two years now , finally getting around to doing some of the stuff i need to do. It has a 383 chev, and the boat works great. I tried to put some pics of the whole boat that, but they are to big , ill try to get some others later .
steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of pump is in there berkely? Take alook at my boat it is posted under this forum as steel hull i am still trying to figure out who built it.
Pale_Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea mine says on the gauge cluster built by Jet Man industries on a platic letter plate, yea it has a Berkely 12JC-A pump. The previous owner had kept it in great shape and had some mods done to it as well. Teflon bottom etc.. i have seen one of the steel hull / aluminum bottoms up here in McMurray im pretty sure. It has a mass amount of rivets attaching the side sections to the bottom.?
steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used spray foam on the floor in between the stringers and on the sides of the hull i built my motor cover out of checker plate used a piano hinge to attach it rests on 1 inch aluminum angle with weather striping on the angle to deaden some of the sound up front i used a chunk of 1/4 plywood with spray foam applied to the back of it and spray on box liner on the frount of the wood you could frame in the bench seat with angle and make the seat out of ply wood and get it apolsterd to match the rest of the boat put your new gas tank under the seat frame and plumb your filler cap to the top of the checker plate Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Pale_Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea , i dropped off some plans today at the metal shop in town here to get some things cut , and to get a bunch of stuff bent up. A friend of mine has a older marathon , i im going to mimic what he has. Just a fixed back and then a riser all around the engine compartment. Then i can re use the cushions that i already have and just have them removeable. Just went for the simplest thing i could think of , still not sure what i will insulate/ sound deaden it with. Ill figure that out when its all framed up and welded in place. Now i just have to wait untill all the pieces are made up. Then i will be busy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: