OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fuel theives
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
show u one time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: fuel theives Reply with quote

hello all,, hope you all had a great summer jettin! just wanna vent a little,, i guess the world is changing, went huntin last week and went down over favorite river,, like evey year,, we were lucky enough to bag another moose,, made base camp, and floated up and down the river, enjoying the scenery and stuff, headed back to camp and decided to relax around the fire, when behold, a moose came for a visit, long story short, the next day we proceded to fuel up the boat and all our gear and moose and head down river 100 miles to be piked up at our pre arranged spot,,,, hummmm,, we only have 1 can of fuel left! fooookkk! some S.O.B!! took one of our drums of fuel! weelll!! this changes every thing! anyway ,, i guesss the world is changing, before we could leave any thing at camp and noone would would piss around wit any thing! but i guess not any more! i see another fellow boating brother had the same thing happen to him,, and the idea of puttin LOTS of alchcol in a dummy can sure raises my eyebrow!! thanxs for lettin me rant and rave a bit,,, take care all and happy gobble day! ,,,mike
rebel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to catch them at it!! Evil or Very Mad
chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go again. Leave a few drums of gas. this time with sugar in them.
Wooly Driver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What river did this happen on? Which put in was your fuel at?
I have never even thought twice before about leaving vehicles and fuel containers around at put ins, or fuel caches, but times are changing here in the Yukon.
show u one time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooly Driver wrote:
I have never even thought twice before about leaving vehicles and fuel containers around at put ins, or fuel caches, but times are changing here in the Yukon.
roger that!!! our fuel was at our friggin camp!! 12.7 miles down ,,,ill say "no tell river:( wink,wink),, good thing the scum bags didnt go through our camp and tent! im willin to help anyone out if they need any thing on the river, weather its fuel ,food, or any thing! but just roll up and take fuel with out any note or any thing,, really piks my ass! but i got a pretty good memory!! and i remeber the boats we saw on the river!!,, ill be keepin an eye open for them in the future!!! guess we gotta leave some one at camp from now on!! god help anyone that gets caught ,,next time this happens!!! im just sayin!
JR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

show u one time wrote:
Wooly Driver wrote:
roger that!!! our fuel was at our friggin camp!! 12.7 miles down ,,,ill say "no tell river:( wink,wink),, good thing the scum bags didnt go through our camp and tent! im willin to help anyone out if they need any thing on the river, weather its fuel ,food, or any thing! but just roll up and take fuel with out any note or any thing,, really piks my ass! but i got a pretty good memory!! and i remeber the boats we saw on the river!!,, ill be keepin an eye open for them in the future!!! guess we gotta leave some one at camp from now on!! god help anyone that gets caught ,,next time this happens!!! im just sayin!

I like the way you think.. My Father had always said, God like thoses that helps them selfs... But God Help Those's I Catch Helping Them Self's... Cheers JR

Wooly Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took it right from camp eh? Did you guys see any other rigs on the water?
No worries about telling me the river, I have a pretty good idea of where it probably is, and what communities are nearby. Thing is, I bet its probably "new" Yukon residents at fault. The recent construction boom has introduced some what I will call "undesirables" into the mix.
My advice is, if you were to catch them, just use a sat phone and call in the RCMP. It migh seem like the right thing to do, but frontier justice will get a guy into more trouble than its worth.
Heres a story. Left my boat on the shore of one of the busy lakes near Whitehorse to go Sheep hunting. Came back early and saw from a distance a boat parked right by mine, with a couple of guys standing real close to mine. Made a bunch of noise, and they took of real quick. Nothing was missing, but the boat was non descript so I couldn't get a make on it from a distance.
Its sad. Reminds me of the story on here a while back about the fuel thieves on the Tuchodi.
Dano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooly Driver wrote:
They took it right from camp eh? Did you guys see any other rigs on the water?
No worries about telling me the river, I have a pretty good idea of where it probably is, and what communities are nearby. Thing is, I bet its probably "new" Yukon residents at fault. The recent construction boom has introduced some what I will call "undesirables" into the mix.
My advice is, if you were to catch them, just use a sat phone and call in the RCMP. It migh seem like the right thing to do, but frontier justice will get a guy into more trouble than its worth.
Heres a story. Left my boat on the shore of one of the busy lakes near Whitehorse to go Sheep hunting. Came back early and saw from a distance a boat parked right by mine, with a couple of guys standing real close to mine. Made a bunch of noise, and they took of real quick. Nothing was missing, but the boat was non descript so I couldn't get a make on it from a distance.
Its sad. Reminds me of the story on here a while back about the fuel thieves on the Tuchodi.

Man the RCMP don't have time or don't want to check out a theft right in friggen town. I'm reminded of a story I heard a while back. A guy got up in the middle of the night for a drink of water. He noticed the lights were on in his garage. He saw 5 guys robbing is stuff from the garage. Called the police, told them what was going on and they said they would not be able to get there for an hour. He hung up and waited about two minutes. Called the police and said there are 5 dead guys in his garage. They arrived in less than 5 minutes and caught the thieves red handed. The cops said to the home owner I thought you said there were 5 dead guys in your garage. He said I thought you said you couldn't get here for an hour.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't imagine the cops going that far out on a river to investigate the disappearance of some gas.

tuchodi51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cops won't do a damn thing.when my boat got stolen a few years back they wouldn't come to the house.which is 6 blocks from the station.they just opened a case file and called it a day.there are cameras at every light near my house,they wouldn't even check the footage to get a vehicle I.D. the cops are useless .
Wooly Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they probably wouldn't do anything about it. I imagine they have bigger fish to fry, but at least its reported.
As others have said, it would be fun to set up a sting with some "bad" gas and watch the results, but I could just see something like that backfiring with charges being laid against the owners of the gas for damaging property or something like that. Wouldn't surpise me with our"justice" system.
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could write on all your drums CAUTION - THIS DRUM "MAY" HAVE SUGAR/GLYCOL ADDED TO DETER THIEVES. You only need to add sugar/glycol or whatever you want to use in 1/2 of your drums. This should make the thieves think twice and you still have gas stashed, just don't forget which drums are clean and hope the thieves don't double cross you by adding sugar or whatever to all the drums.
Dano

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISSBHAVEN wrote:
You could write on all your drums CAUTION - THIS DRUM "MAY" HAVE SUGAR/GLYCOL ADDED TO DETER THIEVES. You only need to add sugar/glycol or whatever you want to use in 1/2 of your drums. This should make the thieves think twice and you still have gas stashed, just don't forget which drums are clean and hope the thieves don't double cross you by adding sugar or whatever to all the drums.

Sounds like a lot of confusion. A warning shot between the eyes should do the trick. Twisted Evil

jack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Thieves Reply with quote

Hi All ,
Speaking of those that help themselves .
I had a wreck on the North Sask early this year and broke six ribs , collar bone and my right femur . I was airlifted to the Hospital . My boat was on the bank and towed for the whopping price of over $800 . Not bad to pull a boat 1 mile and load it on the trailer . ( crook #1 )
It was taken to the towers yard and picked up by my daughter 2 days later and my Camera was gone and a flag that I had on the boat also gone.( crook #2 )
I had been 5 days camping on the Athabasca just before this day trip turned bad by hitting a rock . All my photos were on the memory card , gone !
I work hard for my money . I'm hourly not a business owner so we pay all the taxes and you guys are right the Police don't give a shit (crooks #3 )
My boat is being repaired and I am on the mend learning to walk again .
I am fortunate in many ways but must agree if I ever caught a thief in the act I don't think he would ever steal again .
There are thank god many good people out there as I experienced several of them during my rescue and at the Hospital . Also on the rivers travelled .
Karma will hopefully takes it's course on the other ones !
Take care all
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, us business owners also pay our fair share of taxes, but still shitty about your loss
Dano

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
Just for the record, us business owners also pay our fair share of taxes, but still shitty about your loss

You got that right brother.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: