OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Junk EZ-Loader trailer. Need info please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: The Junk EZ-Loader trailer. Need info please! Reply with quote

So after a failure of one of the shackles I am thinking of replacing the crap that EZ-Loader calls running gear on their trailers. Nothing but problems since new and the latest shackle failure has convinced me to replace the works.

Has anyone done this on the tandem trailer going to torsion flex axles and electric brakes? Anything I should watch for? Will straight tubes work or should they be drop tubes so the boat doesn't hit while loading and unloading?

Can anyone suggest a trailer place in Prince George that does good work but doesn't charge an arm and a leg? And will deal over email as I am out of country till the beginning of Sept.

Oh and thanks to Outlaw for putting such a piece of crap under such a good boat Laughing

Thanks in advance!
gotboost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should of upgraded the trailer like i did at eagle when i bought my new boat this year $7500 get an all welded trailer made in sylvan lake i am sure glad i did this trailer rocks Cool Cool
mountainman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weren't making trailers at the time I bought my boat or I would have got a decent trailer.
Dano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince George huh. I see your from GP. Just in case you don't know the boys at Jetcraft Marine in GP custom build an awesome trailer.
don wright

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the same junk ended up under my harbercraft I know what u mean. I havnt done anythng to the trailer as of yet but any of our other trailers wev've fixed , upgraded etc we've gotten our supplies from bradvin trailer in gp. There reasonable and informative if u need. I probably will never upgrade the e-z wreck trailer becuase its such a bottom of the line trailer its not worth it.
On-Track

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes EZ Load trailers are made for California highways they do not stand up to any rough road trailering. If you go to a all welded tandem electric brake tailer I would go with the splined torsion felx-ride axles. You can adjust the hubs to the load weight your carrying. Here is a link of a website in PG it might help you out in your search of a custom trailer.

www.exwelding.ca
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlaw does supply a better breed of trailer if you want one, most people don't realize the importance of a good quality trailer until something happens, and don't want to spend the extra money when purchasing their boat, I wouldn't be blaming Outlaw
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built my own trailer with the torsion axels, awesome choice, quieter and lower
big block

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a river run tandem, top notch quality trailer no complaints.
ss rattler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar at Alliance trailer in Sylvan Lake for sure. They replaced the spring suspension on my 2010 river run with torsion axles on wed. in at 9, out at 3. Now we have the clearance we need to launch in that boulder field we use on the south sask.
ss rattler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it was on Thursday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: