OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rocky mtn house camping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big block

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: rocky mtn house camping Reply with quote

just wondering if there is any good camping by rocky mtn house where i could get in with the boat as well, not looking for camp grounds Laughing
shallow draft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest to Rocky is the Ghost town of Saunders. There is a boat launch there. The random camping is free at the old town site or gravel pit and there is lots to see there. The old mines are not to far away. There were 2 coal mines there, Saunders east and west. There is an old steel tressel that is there for the strong of hart to walk out on. An interesting aqua duct that can be fun to go through also. Boating is good up and down stream from there. You can also launch in town by the bridge near the water treatment plant. It is not the greatest but usable.
big block

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shallow draft wrote:
The closest to Rocky is the Ghost town of Saunders. There is a boat launch there. The random camping is free at the old town site or gravel pit and there is lots to see there. The old mines are not to far away. There were 2 coal mines there, Saunders east and west. There is an old steel tressel that is there for the strong of hart to walk out on. An interesting aqua duct that can be fun to go through also. Boating is good up and down stream from there. You can also launch in town by the bridge near the water treatment plant. It is not the greatest but usable.

now thats what im talking about Very Happy sounds like a great trip, plan on heading there this weekend .

peter
big block

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good weekend on the river, thanks for the tip shallow draft Wink , ran into some not so freindly rcmp on the river though Mad

Last edited by big block on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
shallow draft

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how much did the run in with the unfriendly RCMP cost?
big block

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shallow draft wrote:
And how much did the run in with the unfriendly RCMP cost?

$115 bucks haha going to split it with the old lady Laughing
shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me guess the old beer in boat fine.
Was it a RCMP or game warden or both and what time of day?
What type of boat were they in?

shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big block

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shallow draft wrote:

yep Laughing beers in the boat, two game wardens and one rcmp, sportjet powerd green utility boat, got me around 5:00 pm on there way back down river Rolling Eyes
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the dumb question but having an oportunity to learn something other than the hard way doesnt happen very often.

What aren't you aloud to do?
Have beer in the boat at all.
or
Have beer within reach of the driver
or
Have open beer in the boat
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally conviced her wrote:
Sorry for the dumb question but having an oportunity to learn something other than the hard way doesnt happen very often.

What aren't you aloud to do?
Have beer in the boat at all.
or
Have beer within reach of the driver
or
Have open beer in the boat

Kinda wondering as well....is it the same as highway laws? Usually you can only transport beer if the case is closed and it's to your destination. Probably the same thing for boating. Last time we got pulled over, all the open stuff went on the floor and out the bilge pump, he did dump 2-3 out of the cooler though if I remember correctly!!
big block

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i think your right Arthur II:On the rocks, transport only no open cases or coolers with beer in them Laughing i think if you proved it was out of reach and you had none that would be ok but really in a boat everything is in reach pretty much.

heres my question would opertaing a boat under the influence be treated like driving and if you were over .08 you would get a dui charge? because i dont remember you having to have a drivers licence to obtain a boaters operators card. haha funny thing they didnt even ask to see my boaters operators card i braught it up after the rcmp oficer asked for my drivers licence so he could start writing the ticket.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My expereince in Ontario anyway is that legally a boat is no diferent than a "residence" when it comes to liquor laws. A "licence" to consume alcohol in a vessel stems from the same "implied" licence you have in your home which allows legal consumption(same as a camp site) The boat must become a "residence" Typically for vessels this means it must:

-be at anchor/stationary on shore etc
-have permanent cooking facilities
-have permanent washroom facilities
-have sleeping facilities for all on board

Police on the water seem to be getting more sticky about the washroom and cooking facilities being permanant as of late, too many porta potty issues (pontoon boats etc) and portable bbq's.
The laws for transport are the same as a vehicle and certainly, in theory anyway, any alcohol can be transported in a boat provided it is EITHER:

-in a sealed container OR
-not accessable to the occupants of the boat

I sure wouldnt argue with an officer on the water but you can certainly legally transport alcohol in any sealed containers in a boat.
In alot of ways riverboats would be halfway between boats and camp sites so provided you have amenities on board to camp on shore for the night you would probably get away with the boat itself not having to have facilities, but you would sure want to make sure you had what you need onboard to stay put for the night. You, or your passengers, most certainly cannot under any circumstances legally drink in a moving boat without a special permit, reserved for much larger boats usually.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info Xero...and BB, I think you could get a DUI in a boat for sure. I've heard of guy's getting them on sleds and quad's, so a boat would be no different! Best is to just play it safe and when in doubt.....just hope they have a sport jet if your over! Twisted Evil
mountainman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transport to a remote campsite is allowed by law but not consumption on board the boat unless as mentioned. I don't think if you can prove that you are headed out camping that there would be to many problems as long as you are sober and don't have open alcohol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: