OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to run the Red Deer and Clearwater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmowat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Looking to run the Red Deer and Clearwater Reply with quote

Hey, Im gonna be working around Rimbey this summer and wanna bring my boat, heard the Clear Water, and Red Deer are both fairly close, just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are launches close or any other Info anyone can let me know about, thanks
Boomhower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red Deer is great for any kind of jet boat, both upper and lower.For launches on the lower there is The one in Red Deer, Penhold campground, Innisfail bridge if the water is high enough and the dam.
The upper is best to put in at the dam. It gets a bit braided and can be very challenging.
The Clearwater is HARDCORE! Hair pin corners and log piles and gravel bars. The River is diverted into the trees just west of Rig Street Road and is tough to get through. This River demands a tough, light weight, and hard turning boat that reaches plane quickly.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to run the upper Red you can launch at Glennifer Lake and go upstream or about 30 km west of Bowden there is the Garrington Bridge which is a decent place to launch, I launch there all the time. Depending on what type of boating you want to do, the upper Red is much more exciting and skinnier braided water than the lower Red.
cmowat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, sounds like I will be on the upper and clearwater this summer, now that I kinda know where to launch thanks for the Info guys
cmowat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, sounds like I will be on the upper and clearwater this summer, now that I kinda know where to launch thanks for the Info guys
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make it out to the upper Red and want some company let me know and maybe I will join you for a run.
cmowat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah forsure, still trying to find out more info or maps on the clearwater, but having a tough time with it
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first a couple of questions....how much experience have you got, and if you get some damage are you going to need a councilor ?

now , the river is shallow and braided,with log jams on the gravel bars between Rocky and the clearwater store,and you should wait until the river is up, you can go past the store a couple miles easy enough then jungle. you can put in up west on the cut off bridge if the water is up and can go to the fluz boundry if you can get buy the trees, not that far , never been down stream from there . don't expect an easy day any where above the store

you need a powersaw,and a winch, lots of protect on your boat,and cash to do repairs
RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to run the Red Deer and Clearwater Reply with quote

cmowat wrote:
Hey, Im gonna be working around Rimbey this summer and wanna bring my boat, heard the Clear Water, and Red Deer are both fairly close, just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are launches close or any other Info anyone can let me know about, thanks

I run the clearwater and upper red alot, they are both very fun times, the Upper red is getting a tad boring from Dickson Dam (Glenifer Lake) to Sundre but, From Sundre up it's pretty sick. The Clearwater will school ya if your not paying attention you will have fun though if you like hardcore shallow water boating. Gimme a shout if you are going to either. I also have a video on here of the Clearwater from the store down to RMH we ran it with next to no water last Sept.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: