OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Saskatchewan river

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: North Saskatchewan river Reply with quote

Hello everyone I have been lurking around the forum for some time and figured it was time to participate.

Over the winter I purchased a truck camper so I could take the boat with me on some camping trips. I have not boated a lot of different rivers yet but hope to now with the camper. The family and I are thinking of doing a trip to Saunders, west of Rocky Mtn House, I hear there is lots of spots right off the river to camp. I am looking to do some fishing and just to see some new areas and explore some new rivers, I just don't want anything too extreme since I will have my little son with me. Is this area a good place for some good family boating and fishing? Also if anyone has any thoughts on other rivers and places like this to check out, that would be great.

CHEERS..
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saunders is a nice spot to camp at for sure. The river is pretty good up there but there are a few places to watch when the water is low. On clean water days, its fairly obvious on where to be. Just follow the green ribbon!. Lots of places to fish around there. If you up past the Nordegg Bridge, there is plenty of braided section where you'll need to pay attention. We would camp at the bridge back a few years ago and had lots of great boating days up there.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good place to go, what do you mostly catch in that area of the river. I hope there is good trout fishing, that is my species of choice.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiles and hangovers
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh... You must use the same technique as me, cause I seem to catch those no matter where I go. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: