OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LS Class for 2010 & 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would have no problem allowing ford motors into the ls or fx classes however i think in the intrest of fairness to racers already competing these should be dynoed at ams and the results posted info on chevys is readily shared by racers and readers of this forum and it would go along ways for the ford guys argument if they were willing to pony up as well
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with buddie in the south and he bettered his price...as of now with the strong dollar $8500 Canadian for the 475hp rear sump ford 392
Hines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will R just wondering if your buddie in the performance shop down south could share a dyno sheet on the 392/475hp ford engine i'am sure they've tested one. Sorry but i think the onlything close about these two eng. is the price listed in the last few posts. The 515hp ls is the one. Just my opinion. Later. OH Will keep them feathers ruffled lol.
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they get dynoed and the 392 is a little low HP compared to the LS. A person can always spec a little larger carb for the 392.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Will R

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just curious as to whats wrong with the dyno results that are supplied by the manufacture and besides that i thought that the water dyno that was run this year in peace was the perfect showing of how close these motors really are in simalarly set up boats.wasnt the idea of the class to make a 100mph sorta speed with a motor set up under $10,000...well thats exactley what the ford did little off the speed at 98.9mph on gps...close enough in my books,and dont quote me but did here rumours that the boat Rob sold Weavers is a 100mph+ boat with an under $10,000motor setup(thats frikin impressive...yes i know...comin from a ford guy!)so in my eyes both the gm and the ford proved themselves as the perfect candidates for this class.
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weavers said they had it at 102 mph in peace River. The only reason for dynoing then together is that all dynos are slightly different and both Ford and GM seem to under rate there engines. Dynoing them together would be perfect because although they may be slightly different a person could spec different size of carbs to even it out. The Ford makes more torque but less HP. I think once we are able to see the full dyno sheets it may become clearer. Who knows maybe they are a perfect match.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Hines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boosted,Will R, don't throw those mph #'s in their because either of those boats will push my fat ass down stream at 102 or 98.9mph.LOL.Have a great day.Later.
Will R

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i hear that hines!and ill know the feeling because i was going to run unlimited as the donovan heads out this Saterday to become an unlimited motor but by the looks of it the way this forum is going ill run the 392 in ls in a standered weight tunnel with steel keel and sponsen protection,steel spoon and my fat arse piloting it down the creek to keep it in there!but i can tell you one thing is for sure you ARE going to see more racers and spectators at these races if giving the oppertunity to run and see their favorite brand of motor running.
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Peace was also flowing at 10 - 12 mph during the weekend of the races

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Will R

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sssshhhhhhh....hahaha thats a speed secret Felix!are you racing next year?
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES in B class

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Will R

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i sure hope the ford gets in their today at the meeting this morning!tried to leave yesterday afternoon and again at 2am but to no avail freezing rain wouldnt let up fk sakes.anyways im at the point after reading all the posts in this forum on hp,weight etc etc all good to get out there and talked about shit thats what forums are for right?but where does it end next its going to be speed class 80-90,90-100,100-110,110-120 and 120+,all are great ideas and do work well in all sorts of racing.but like doc,rob and whomever else said and i agree with is the ultimate goal here i think is to attract new racers to the sport and bring back previous racers(yes doc you,mike and whomever)hence the reason i pushed for ford in ls and fx because believe it or not there are some die hard ford fans that would love to race and if givin the OPTION they just might.just an opinion here but kinda miss the c class when it was a claimer class!
Neutered

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree Will, that everyones goal within the racing community is to make the sport grow. And to make it a little easier on the chequebook for everyone in all classes.
With regards to FX...I personally think that the Canadians took the concept of the class and made up a rule set that is very enforcable in all countries under the UIM. Without a whole lot of bullshit. Other than in my personal opinion, the rebuilding of engines. I feel it is due to the way we ran our rule set that the UIM has now sanctioned the class. In my opinion the idea of the Ford and Dodge being allowable was fine, but during the time "before" being sanctioned by the UIM would have been the time for someone to run one of these motors so it would have been cosidered into the rules. Again these are just my personal opinions, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
With regards to LS... "NOW" is the time to get the rule set and engine specs set up so as it can be watched by the UIM and competitors in all the countries. Once the specs are nailed down and the UIM picks up the class and sanctions it, it is to late to try to chage things. I believe that there are a large group of racers waiting to see where this class is headed. I don't want to come off like a dick Will, but right now would be a very good time for you as a Ford lover to "put your money where your mouth is." If you were to run (or anyone else for that matter) a Ford within the class while it is in it's infantcy, it would have to be considered. I know Kings have theirs but unless the motor is going to run in the majority of races it is hard for people to really see what the viability of the motor is. Again no disrespect to Kings, they are ambassadors to our sport. You do have very valid points with regards to including the motor in the class, now is the time to get it included. This is an up and coming class with the potntial to be every bit as big as FX.
Again, the views and opinions are that of mine alone and I mean no direspect to anyone.
Will R

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao mike!money allready where mouth is...just waiting on ruling for ls class, dont want to buy the motor before i know its going to be allowed...
mikeyjl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: cx Reply with quote

Time to ante up Will
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: