OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LS Class for 2010 & 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: LS Class for 2010 & 2011 Reply with quote

We are looking at getting some seat time in 2010 in hopes of racing the worlds in 2011. Current plan is to run FXSB next year and LS for the 2011 race.

Has the race committee decided on the crate engine for the LS Class. How did the LS motors hold up this past race season?

So some questions will be coming as we start up our race program over the winter.

Do you guys start a Not for Profit race team org to raise money ?

Will R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol should be the ford 392 crate since it was the only true as crate motor in it!and canadian meeting to figure it all out is nov7 in gp
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wrench twister for the race season is a vette mechanic.

What motors were used this past season ? Who ran the ford ?

boosted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer ran the Ford. as far as I know there was very little issues with any of the ls engines. Dale had some problems in GP but was due to a differnt cam and heads that he had just installed. Both the other ls Cheby engines did get distributors instead of the coil on plug but it was more experimentation than a reguirement. Tim Harding's ls boat at whitecourt ran the cop ignition and I think Freelands was cop at that time also.
Although I am a Ford guy the CT525 engine would be the best. It is sealed from the factory and has an approved balancer on it. Nothing wrong with the 392 but I am not sure it makes the power of the Cheby.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting on the ignition....why did they swap to dist? Not as much adjustability with the COP???
Will R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm thats why spencer could out run freelands and weavers... doesnt make as much hp but makes more torque.and it isnt hard to seal a motor.and werent you having ignition problems as well mark?sorry don t mean to sound like such a dick but pisses me off not having the ford or even the dodge option in fx when theres motors available frik the one from ford(pn M-6007-S347JR) is even a sealed 350hp race engine is the zz4 sealed...fk no it aint.do you see nascar running only chevs NO...there is a reason and i dont want to see ford or dodge denied yet again its bulls@#t especialy when the ford WAS the only true as crate motor run.

Last edited by Will R on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeyjl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come you dont run a ford in your unlimited race boat then Will R ?
Will R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it came in another boat i ended up with and my ford b motor wasnt back together at the time!got nothing to do with what i run in unlimited as at least the option is there ford dodge chev toyota lexus h-58 turbine so you run what ever you like because the option is there.
having it chevy only is like...say you have an eagle hull that you know works really great but you cant use it because you are only allowed to run kwick kraft hulls
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy there Will, Heck I am a Ford guy and I wouold run a Ford if I could but it all came down to price. No I don't have any ignition issues. It is proposed that the ignition system looses some power after long periods of WOT. No testing has been done to verify this as of yet and Glen Freeland put the dissy ign on and saw no difference.

The Ford engine should be made avalable for the LS class, All I was saying is that for the Cheby class the CT525 engine works the best and yes I still would like to see the Ford engine usable in the FX class. Also Tim Hardings engine was a straight crate engine, ign and all in Whitecourt.

As far a Spencer being faster than the Weavers and Freeland I can't tell you but I think it is a real testiment to Russel and Spencer on setting a boat up and driving it. I have never seen an eagle tunnel turn like that before. Can't wait to next year. Come on Jesse work harder Laughing

aquaholic 146

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

show up at the meetings and voice your opinions on the rules and classes and you may see results.
Will R

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know...after re reading my post i really did come off like a hot head sorry about that mark!
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey not a problem there Will. I new what you where getting at and maybe Tim's right, I might just have to go to a meeting or two. It wouldn't be the first time that Tim was right about something but then again he did go the wrong way last year, up a channel that went nowhere on his hometown river Laughing

aquaholic 146

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it went somewhere,Louie made it, so did Brian , they just did it better than me.
DOC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy you ford guys are testy.
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food for thought will r The ls class is not a chev vs dodge vs ford battle as one who walked away from boat racing because i was so sick of spending 30 to 40k on engines that had the life expectency of a wounded gazzelle at the water hole you need to understand what it is we are trying to accomplish First along block assembly that is avalible for under 10k reliable and have enough power to push a light weight hull to 100mph I do not care who builds it as long as it meets these goals As for some of your other coments you need to check your facts spencers engine was not the only crate engine running and the only way he was able to win the circuit race at peace was to jump the flag and cut inside bouys Sorry but got that from spence himself P.S. sorry if i affend any one but what we all need is more fx stlye racing that is competitive and doesnot break the bank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: