OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

north sask.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: north sask. Reply with quote

Hi All ,
Does anyone know of a good launch for my two wheel drive 3/4 ton to put in my boat at Lake Abraham ? I would like to head up the N.S. to the Jasper park boundary . Last year or the year before I met some people on the NS by the Nordegg bridge and they told me about this trip and I have been wanting to do it since . Hopefully this season
Thanks
shallow draft

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on the current water level, you should be able to put in at Preachers Point. This is just before you go up the hill on highway 11 before Kootenay Planes group camping area. We have launched there in the past but not for a few years. I am not sure of the water level, there is a road that will give you access from grassy area.
The park boundry signs are very small and you may miss them and end up at the bridge at the crossing. If this happens you will be well inside the park. Do not stop and ask the rangers for directions!!!!!

jack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: sask Reply with quote

Thanks shallow draft
I'll ask around some more to find out for certain before I burn the fuel and waste the time.
I didn't realize or think about water levels of the lake .
Forplay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The North Sask has been way down below averages this year. I was keeping an eye on the release rates at Braz & Bighorn, and they were barely able to flow what they had coming in. It was getting quite interesting running that river from Devon towards Tomahawk.

The braz reservoir was down to 23% capacity vs. 84% same time last year. Abraham is at 48% and the Braz is at 43% now. Not sure if the snow started to let go or it was the rains, but it came up pretty good for a bit to clean out some of the channels - but it's already back on the drop again.

Anyways, here's a couple of links for you:

here's a link to the levels at Whirpool Point :
http://www.environment.alberta.ca/apps/basins/DisplayData.aspx?Type=Figure&BasinID=4&DataType=1&StationID=RNSASWHI

And here's the summary for the reservoirs in Alberta:
http://www.environment.alberta.ca/forecasting/reports/Res_Storage.pdf
shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the NS is low. We had the pleasure of draging a nice orange boat about .8k. This was just below the bighorn dam. But good part is that now there is a nice furrow in that channel for what little water there is to run in. Quads are so handy!!!!!
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes kind sir , I am forever indebted to you for your help !... but lets not make it any worse than it was, it was .7 of a km, by your speedo, and if you would have been in your usual position you would have been not far behind me, but no you were at home washing the cat !... had you looked after your half of the cooler, you may have been in the lead !... and the truth be known, you haven't had a grin on your mug like that ,since you lost your cherry , so yes, I to will accept your thank you for a great day of therapy, some people have to pay hundreds of dollars for that kind of elation !!!!
shallow draft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a compliment........ It is only a very skilled jetboater that can get that far down a channel with no water in it. With a little UHMW plastic on that boat we would have only had to drag it .6K
knuckledragger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: north sask Reply with quote

There is also another boat launch about 6 miles east of preachers point, just past the cline river inlet. If the lake level is up this is usually easier to access than preachers point.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a nice enough run, but all that you can legally run is about 10 miles from preachers point to the park boundry. they have a little yellow sign , about 6x8 inches, marking the line. EASY to miss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: