OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

175 Sport Jet Timing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
likes2boat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: 175 Sport Jet Timing Reply with quote

I am messing around with the timing on my 175 SJ. Bought the boat used and just want to verify it is correct. I have the service manual and I got the Max timing adjustment no problem but I am having trouble with the primary pickup timing.

The manual says "Crank engine with starter and adjust throttle primary pickup screw to align specified throttle primary pickup mark on timing decal with timing pointer".

My question is where is the throttle primary pickup mark. The marks on the flywheel are from 40 deg BTDC to 20 Deg ATDC and the .462" mark for positioning the timing pointer. I cant find any other marks anywhere. Possible that it is just a specified number of degrees BTDC but I can't find that info anywhere either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

likes2boat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read closely enough. Found the spec in the service manual.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I think that was you I ran into at Poachers on June 27th...ish??? Did you make it to the Grande? How was yur trip? Where the ____ are some pictures? If it wasn't you, then sorry....carry on!
likes2boat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was me that you met at poachers landing. We made it down to the rapids, the trip was good the bugs were horrible. Couldn't believe the wildlife. Could have filled every tag you can buy in the first 70 miles. Moose, Elk, Deer, Bear, you name it we saw it.

You were right about the rocks when you get close. I was just coming off step to turn into shore and smoked a big one . Whole boat came out of the water with 5 guys and gear in it. No one hurt though and the boats fine.

Part of the trail to the end of the rapids was washed away and we had to do some bushwacking through some serious terrain but it was worth it. Spent the night at the Pelican forestry cabin. All in all a good trip. Will get some pics up once I fish them out of my camera.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL....reminds me of the first time I was down there. I hit a HUGE rock(leaving) and my boat was sitting on it teatering. Dog freaked out and jumped out and swam back to shore.....had to 'monkey bar' my way aroung the bow to get to a spot where I could touch to rock it off the rock.(does that make sense?) Very Happy It's a good time down there.....did you check out the log cabin across the way at the pelican settlement? That's the place to be!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: