OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inducer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Inducer Reply with quote

Just wondering if anybody runs one of those American turbine inducers. Do they do what they claim or are they a waste of money. Seems like a sound theory but I don't know. Another question is even if they do work what is the down side.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little investigating last year and was told for the water's around here it would not be worth it.it seemed like a good idea at the time, but unless your going through alot of white water I was told it's not necessary.I can count on one hand how many time's my boat's been out of the water so bowl starvation isn't really an issue for me.This is not saying I don't want to hit some rougher water and launch it, Shocked but for $1000.00 US I'd rather go on 4 long distance trips exploring other river's.

white water.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.66 KB
 Viewed:  23030 Time(s)

white water.jpg

finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it will make the pump a little more forgiving to rocks in the intake. My boat is very sensitive to rocks. One rock and it doesn't like me. One guy I talked to said that the Hamilton (I think but not sure) style pump is more forgiving to a dirty intake. My point there is that their impeller looks more like the American inducer. Maybe I'm grasping at straws but I have yet to perfect the art of avoiding things that will plug the intake so it may be worth the coin.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to have a problem with small rocks and such.I sometime's wish I had a stomp grate or another method other than getting wet.(yes I have a claw like scraper)but I can't say I've used it and drove away.The rocks are usally between the grate's and need a little more finessing' to get them out.I'm not seeing the connection with the inducer and debris,as I had the idea it was for bowl starvation only.(rocks or water)The one I'm referring to is a prop looking deal that is attached to your main shaft,thus pushing more H20 into the bowl in time's of need.Not to sure if I'm helping your matter or making it worse? Rolling Eyes -CL
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that the Hamilton is less susceptible to rocks in the intake. And from the picture I'll attach it looks like their impeller is the same as the inducer. I guess I was thinking that the impeller would suck water and force it into the impeller. I'm sure the reason a rock screws up the water flow is turbulence. And the impeller should compensate buy sucking water up into the impeller. If it helps in white water by forcing water into the impeller then it should compensate for a couple of rocks screwing with the flow. Maybe I'm way of base but that's how I was looking at it.

770%20parts2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.62 KB
 Viewed:  23003 Time(s)

770%20parts2.jpg

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I saw.....

inducer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.43 KB
 Viewed:  22998 Time(s)

inducer.jpg

finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's exactly the picture I was looking at. Can you see the resemblance the hamilton impeller has to the turbine inducer.

I have been told that you can run a hamilton with the intake 1/2 full (probably exaggeration) so I was wondering if anybody was running an inducer do to the similar appearance which is the only substantial difference I can see.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup....But I am very unfamiliar with the hammy set up so I don't even have a comment. Smile Are you looking at going this route(Hamilton)or just adding a inducer to your existing pump?It would be great to try but my 1000.00 bones would go to a top drive starter before something like this.I do see what your saying about having blockage and possibly getting more water to the impeller with more fins pulling h2o.Maybe "lurk"the river jet forum as lots of those guys run some pretty crazy water....Or hold tight for someone to jump in on this post that actually knows what there talking about Laughing
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I here ya. That's alot of cake to part with if you don't know its going to do anything for ya. If it would work the way I'm thinking then it would be easier to justify.

You should post some pics of your boat. Looks nice from your avatar's. Hell of a lot better than the blue oval hack you had going. LOL
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really have any good shot's but the ones I'm throwing up in the avatar, as I'm always inside it.My boating buddy has some but we've yet to do a pic exchange.....Top view

RESIZZZZZE.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  431.88 KB
 Viewed:  22968 Time(s)

RESIZZZZZE.JPG

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.-Don't tell me that nice looking white boat is FORD powered Laughing Laughing ...How long did it take you to get on step Question Question Laughing Laughing

ford.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.79 KB
 Viewed:  22913 Time(s)

ford.jpg

finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. The plan was to do that this winter but I didn't have time and I probably will only have one more set of days off before break up.

I have a place diverter so when I turn it down it jumps up in the length of its self. If I turn it up it stands straight up and takes way to long. Honestly I don't think I have ever got it on step with the place diverter turned up with out turning it down a little first.

My plan is a 408 Windsor but part of the hold up is finding the marine parts I need to put it in. I defiantly don't have time to get rid of the ZZ4 this year so I ordered the place diverter droop snoot. And I'll play with the hull set up a little this year. Maybe an inducer if I get any positive feed back.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a sweet package in a light boat.I raze the oval quite a bit, but deep down, if you on the water with a jetpump behind you....I'm your biggest fan Very Happy -CL

P.S.-I too have a diverter....What is a diverter droop snoot?I know droop snoots are on the race boats but didn't know they were available with the trim.What advantage is this?I guess I'm curious about the whole "snoot"thing....being on race boats they gotta be better but how will this help my cause and by how much?Always looking for more Shocked
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I wouldn't do an explanation of how a droop snoot works any justice. But when I go into Eagle lookin for more speed they keep telling me to get rid of the place diverter. The problem with that if I have the jet set up for top speed she porpoises something terrible unless I have the noisy pedal fully engaged. So because I want the best of both worlds I decided to try the droop snoot that place diverter offers ($400). No doubt that it won't have the same gains as a race nozzle but I like to cruise and sight see as well as go flat out. I will defiantly have it on by the first launch. I can PM you with my opinion after that if you would like.

I can't believe that nobody that reads this has an opinion on the inducer.

aa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.62 KB
 Viewed:  22877 Time(s)

aa.jpg

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the Inducer topic...If half the guys would give their honest opinion/input I'd be much smarter......or be full of a bunch of bullshit Very Happy .please do PM me the results of your test.I don't think I could go without a diverter as the people on our waters are always loving the rooster tail.And I don't mind using it.I find with a GPS you can fine tune the trim to max speed.-CL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: