OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z99 Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravencrew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Z99 Video Reply with quote

Just got done watching the Z 99 video of Dale on the radio. Did anyone notice the object I'm guessing it was a bird almost hit the camera/driver?
Or maybe I'm just seein things. It looked really close to the camera. It goes from right to left on the video. Shocked
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap you would be correct there. I missed that myself when I edited the first video but saw it when I was throwing that clip together. Aparently that happened alot down there. I can't imagine what a bird would feel like at 100 mph. Ouch!

Cheers

ravencrew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Yeah I think that would diffently ring your bell Confused The reason I asked was a bird hit a driver in one of the Grants Pass races. If I remember correctly it was a black loon. It knocked out the driver of the boat. I think it was a B class boat. The navigator had to unbuckle and steer the boat into the bank. It schattered the face shield on the helmet.
I don't recall at what speed they were traveling at but it was close to full speed I say at LEAST 90 M.P.H. The driver didn't know what hit em. Pretty spooky.
ravencrew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Yeah I think that would definitely ring your bell Confused The reason I asked was a bird hit a driver in one of the Grants Pass races. If I remember correctly it was a black loon. It knocked out the driver of the boat. I think it was a B class boat. The navigator had to unbuckle and steer the boat into the bank. It shattered the face shield on the helmet.
I don't recall at what speed they were traveling at but it was close to full speed I'd say at LEAST 90 M.P.H. The driver didn't know what hit em. Pretty spooky.
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of birds fly pretty close to boats this side of the border. I've hit them twice but luckily not with my helmet. It's funny specially with some ducks that fly in the same direction you're going and actually try to fly faster than your boat instead of turning right or left. Usually they dive into the water just before you run over them. I'm nice and try not to hit them, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.
MX in MI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILSON wrote:
Lots of birds fly pretty close to boats this side of the border. I've hit them twice but luckily not with my helmet. It's funny specially with some ducks that fly in the same direction you're going and actually try to fly faster than your boat instead of turning right or left. Usually they dive into the water just before you run over them. I'm nice and try not to hit them, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.

True! It seems that birds enjoy boat races in Mexico. I know somebody who hit a bird with his face while racing a marathon in the State of Tabasco. He was wearing an open-face helmet!!!! Not a good idea when your boat can go almost 100MPH!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: