OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official video equipment/camera thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Official video equipment/camera thread Reply with quote

I was asked in another thread about video equipment. Im sure Vince will chime in here as the expereinced expert but I an tell you what i would suggest and why.

1) get a helmet cam! There simply is just no better way to film this stuff than a nice lightweight helmet cam. They are good quality, small light durable and waterproof.

2) The camera you use is up to your tastes but i can say all will not allow helmet cam inputs. You need to verify that before you buy.

3)The other feature which to me is almost a must is a LANC input. This is not a common feature and is available on Sony camera's almost exclusivly. It allows you to use a remote button to turn the camera on and to start/stop recording etc

4) long life battery and tapes. I prefer the slightly older sony Hi8 format camera's for the fact they take 2 hour tapes and often have huge batteries.

The idea setup for me is a helmetcam with long lead (~10') plugged into a 2 hr tape capably sony with long life battery (~5 hrs+) with a lanc output so I can have a remote button on the dash or rollbar near me so I can turn the cam off and on without having to access it. the camera can be tucked away safe in its own padded/waterproof box.

Im sure Vince can offer alot more suggestions too. he's the man!

Cheers

ntjetboater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M6HVlzXi9s

For the Whitecourt support crew.

Xero hit it pretty good, not too much add.
I would post a pic of a decent helmet cam and camcorder set-up but mine are down in Mexico hopefully on boats still racing. 6 left out of 27 is unreal!

PuddleJumper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO that is still too funny,
F@#%!! you can't go up here with that!!!! LMAO

It was fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: