OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motor Mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Water

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Motor Mounts Reply with quote

New to boards so a little background first. Boat is a 1995 Jetcraft Sprint Model (I believe it was made by Eagle), 15' Delta Pad Hull, GM Small Block, Legend Pump. It's the same type hull that Jesse LaForest used to race as the original Cave Fish

I'm basically rebuilding the boat over the winter. Boat looks pretty good but has had a lot of problems. I could just keep patching things, but I can't stand to do half-ass-ed work.

I've rewired and re-plumbed the boat. My pump is down in Mississippi right now being rebuilt by Jet Pump Repair, Inc (The guys at HotBoat.com spoke very highly of him).

I'll be dropping in a 406 that will be making around 500 HP.

The original mounts are from Kodiak Marine and they are rubber isolated. I plan on replacing them with solid mounts of the same design. The Right hand stringer has some damage from engine torque. I think most of you guys run plate mounts. My alternator is mounted low on the left hand side so I thought that using the same type mount would be less hassle. I understand that 4 point mounts are required in boats with v8 power except for the FX class. This boat won't ever make it to a race so I'm not really concerned with keeping within the rules. Have any of you repaired damage to stringers similar to this? Is there any reason why doing what I plan would not be a good idea? I've got a pretty good marine fabrication shop that has done work for me in the past. They actually build towers for large offshore sport-fishing boats but I think they can handle my job. My other question is about the material that the bottom of my hull is made from and if the stringers are the same type?

Thanks for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: