OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding fuel tanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Adding fuel tanks Reply with quote

I want to add 40-60l of fuel tank to my ZZ4 powered 16' eagle. Should I do this in the front or the back. Was planning on pumping the extra fuel to my main tank, so height isn't an issue. I can only run 3 hrs or so on a tank of fuel which limits my exploring more than I would like.

The thought of putting a larger tank in were the stock one is would turn the boat into a 2 seat er, which would probably pi$$ off one of my sons I'm sure.

Thought about ma bey a small tank on either side of the engine, or ma bey a longer tank on the floor. Or would a tank right up in the bow be OK.
AR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told, as a rule of thumb, from the center of your boat forward every 25 lbs =1 mph,
and from the center of your boat rearward every 100 lbs =1 mph.

That being accepted as Gospel, I'd elect to put extra fuel tanks in the rear. Confused

If you don't go fast and have porpoising problems sometimes forward weight can help, but in my opinion it only makes the boat plow more.

Take a couple sand bags for a ride and see where they ride the best. Shocked
my $ .02

bender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well jetboats are kinda weight sensitive to much weight in the back and they take longer to get on step I would go with under the bow ,we have 2 tanks in our one right at the back and one under the bow if we burn the front one first you can really notice that it seems slower out of the hole and sometimes will porpoise if the is to much weight towards the rear but if we burn the rear first and then it handles better
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AR
Sand bags are a great idea.
Will give me a good idea how it will respond to the weight.

I have to assume that outlaw would be the place to get these fabed up when and if I decide to do it.

Another question for the guys around red deer would be, barring any long screw ups or disasters, what would be a good amount of run time for the boating available to us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: