OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insurance replacing boat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottp

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Insurance replacing boat? Reply with quote

Hello I have replacement coverage on my boat it didn't survive the fire in mcmurray and I was just trying to figure out does replacement mean I am getting a brand new boat for 89g or they giving me what I paid for it a few years ago when I bought it and it was used. I realize I should talk to adjuster but he has his hands full said they dealing with all the house claims before we can look at boats
dutchie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacement cost ,
That means your getting a brand new boat at whatever today's cost is , most likely they will want 3 quotes , and then they will try to stick you with the lowest of the 3 , stand your ground and force them to pay for the same boat you had from the same builder , on a small note , inform them that Outlaw is coast guard approved and you want that from your builder

These things I know as I had replacement cost on my tomcat that got stolen a year ago last March , they will even so much as try to offer you a low cash payout , also on a side note check your policy , you should be covered up to $1500 for a rental boat if needed , and most times your covered for what was inside your boat

Sucks yours burnt ,but smart you had replacement cost , only way to go , watch your insurance company and if trouble get your broker involved to fight for you as he sold you the policy ,

Best of luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: