OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N. Saskatchewan - New to Edmonton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yegriverpirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: N. Saskatchewan - New to Edmonton Reply with quote

Can anyone give me advice on running the NSR in and around Edmonton? Any big hazards? Any hidden gems (islands) to visit? I run a 24' Marathon. Thanks in advance.
Little Dipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest never really been into the city as I hear it leaves a nice scum on the side of your boat. other friends have and say there is nothing technical about it. We usually launch in Devon and head up stream, nothing major there either if your watching the water. The water is really low this year so there might be the odd surprise poking about.
swgrguy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: nORTH sASKATCEWAN RIVER AT DEVON Reply with quote

The river is probably higher with the rains in the past two weeks but I was stuck for a week on a gravel bar just east of the Devon campground mid July
My boat is a 22 ft / 496 berkley
the water level may vary throughout the day depending on how much hydro power is being generated at the braseau dam
much of the river width seemed to be under 6 inches deep. I went from Devon to the 105th street bridge with no issues with water depth. then the water dropped a few inches and I had huge issues getting back.

JJH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out there for a few hours and ran from Devon to just shy of Ft. Sask. River was in pretty good shape but that was a week ago. Think the worst parts were near Devon and closer to Fort sask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: