OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step tec question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RChadwick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Step tec question Reply with quote

Does anyone know what mph a 19ft step tec would be able to cruise at with 500hp @2700 rpm, providing I can find a course enough impeller to do it?
Thanx in advance
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an engine that is 500 hp at 2700 rpm I am guessing that it is going to be a heavey motor so it is going to kill the steptech or it is heavely turboed smaller motor. A lightweight steptech can do 85 mph with 500 hp easily.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
RChadwick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I wasn't sure if the step tec would rebel to a heavy 632. I have not bought a hull yet. I'm trying to build a low rpm fast cruising runabout without using a diesel. I own a 26 ft twin diesel Hamilton boat. Thanx for the the wake up.
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of people would like to have just what you are thinking about. None have really had any luck. Developing good tq with a lightweight motor at a sustainable load level is the always the problem. A turbo or supercharged motor comes the closest but because of the high loads the mixtures are rich killing fuel economy. Best thing I have found is a lighweight LS engine stroked and bored as big as what a guy can do. stock GM stuff will go 440 ci ish while aftermarket will go 500 ci. Of course staying away from detonation is always the key. I am guessing somewhere around 350 hp at 3500 rpm is as much as a guy would prob get on pump gas reliably.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: