OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ct 525 Pirahna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meisndj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: ct 525 Pirahna Reply with quote

I've noticed that a lot of guys are running the ct525 in racing applications. How does this motor do in the outlaw style boats in front of hami 212's, 3 stages, scott 852's etc? I've noticed a couple of guys have them in the outlaw lynx/muskwa type boats. What kind of fuel burn are they getting at 3200 rpm? How would this motor compare to an LSA for power?
REPO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a race engine, I doubt is offers the life span of a 6.2
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ct525 is a 6.2 with a differnt cam. The ct525 is a bit of a rever. Peak tq is around 5300-5400 so running it at 3200 is well bellow the engines most effecient spot. full economy would suffer. Also they are fussy for fuel quality and you don't get a second chance with it. There is a fuel injected version of it that would work better for sure. The LSA engine is the the same basic unit other than different compression,smaller cam, and the supercharger. The LSA is very happy running at 3200 and makes great power up to a tad over 5000 rpm. Lots of them out there with 212's and scotts behind them. Only problem with the LSA is it is alot heaveier than the ct525 and when you run it hard it burns alot of fuel. Roght now the LSA is the enine of choice when wanting a crate marine higher hp engine. MAST has some bigger stuff but just not sure if it is released yet. LS based also.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: