OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impellor rebuilds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Impellor rebuilds Reply with quote

I have a couple of sport jet impellers that need a rebuild. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking for a shop in the Edmonton area if available.
Thanks

sneddonrider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ex welding in Prince George has been good to me and its just a day on the bus to ship it.
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check them out
ryandh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used ricks precision machine also in Prince George. I was happy with the work and the rates were good. I have before and after pics but I'm not smart enough to be able to resize them properly. He also rebuilt my stator
REPO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick did a good job on my stuff as well.
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info fellas.
Bob Larrabee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are extending the length of the blades then shaving them back down to fit the wear ring? I have had decent luck with using a 2 part epoxy from AirCraft and Spruce Specialty for metal surfaces. Instead of having the blades lengthened then shaved down, I expanded the wear ring by installing about a 1/8 inch thick layer of epoxy all over the inside wall of the wear ring. You will have to sand the interior of the wear ring, clean it with MEK or something similar. You have to be care careful not to cover the pinky size holes inside the wear ring while the epoxy sets up which takes about a day. I take my file and file a nice edge on my impeller blades. Then I start filing down the inside of the wear ring using a hand drill with a sanding drum and then a hand file for when you get it close. You will need to take the impeller and gently place it inside the wear ring several times and visually see where the high spots are and the low spots which might need more epoxy. Once you get it real close, you should be able to barely turn the impeller inside the wear ring by hand. It is a labor intensive and long job, but I have had good luck with getting the compression back in the pump. Not sure what the cost is to have the impeller worked on but I know this works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: