OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott trim or Ex Weld posi nozzle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccg818

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Scott trim or Ex Weld posi nozzle? Reply with quote

My 200 sportjet pump in a 16ft lynx is in need of a rebuild this winter and was just looking for some opinions. I am considering the whole Ex Welding sport jet system (Wear Ring, Stator Vein, Impellor, Pozi nozzle, Reverse Bucket) or the package with a Scott trim nozzle instead of the ex weld nozzle. I am looking for a better hole shot, better steering response and not fall off plane as fast in tight corners. Anybody have any experience with both nozzles?
tuchodi51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the Scott trim nozzle on my last two boats and love it. Better holeshot, pull heavier load onto step quicker, no porpoising, all around a great add on.
sheepaholic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pondering this same thing
My boat doesn't porpoise with or without a load so not sure which way to go
I heard the exwelding is in the design phase of building a trim nozzle
does anyone know how many degrees the Scott trim nozzle will trim up and down?
On-Track

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running a posi-nozzle will give positive water flow compared to a diverter cone nozzle. Pros of a posi-nozzle better hole shot, more responsive steering with ease with no falling off plane in tight turns. Cons all posi-nozzle will tend to sand lock pumping an extreme amount of sand or fine gravel sediment through the nozzle. Having an insertable nozzle will allow you to pressurise the pump by changing out from a 96mm to a 90mm insert stopping hole shot slippage when pump starts cavitating.
ccg818

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Ex Welding Reply with quote

I went the ex weld route, reverse bucket, posi nozzle, wear ring and stator. Took it out for the first time today and very impressed. Reverse is actually useful, could even back off the trailer. Steering and handling are amazing, seems to get up on step better as well. Very impressed with the whole setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: