OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Coverage of Race Events on the Water Channel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Izzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Getting Coverage of Race Events on the Water Channel Reply with quote

I was trying to find out if any of these events are shown on TV, especially the Water Channel. They always show egg beater Offshore Races and Drags, but nothing for jet boating.

I email the guys at the Water Channel asking they about Jet Boat Races, and this is the response that I got

" I appreciate the heads up… I was not aware of any of these events. I have contacted the owner of outlaw eagle and will see what can be arranged. Are there many sponsors on the events that you have been too?"

Jeff Wernli
MCE Television Networks, Inc.
2602 Grand Ave
Everett, WA 98201
http://www.waterchannel.com
Television's New Wave - Dish Network Channel 216
425 259-0575
425 259-2077 fax

I can't believe that these guys did not know of these events, now maybe we'll be able to see some of these events on TV. That would be great for anyone that loves Jet Boating but can't make races.

Let's show these guys how popular this sport is and maybe we'll see it on the tube!!!

Seeing how I've never been to one of these events maybe someone can email a response to Jeff's Question, and maybe provide them with a race schedule in North America, New Zealand and Australia. Jeff's email address is jwernli@mcenetworks.com
YKX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent them a few videos of what the sport looks like at 100mph .

Hope this helps.

YKX
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canadian Jetboat racing from 2005 will be on the tube.
We pulled the music from our race DVDs and am cutting and editing it to fit in a 24 minute time slot.
We are confirmed to film the Grande Prairie race in June and you might just see that on TV as well in the fall Laughing

TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's FANTASTIC Very Happy

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Water Channel is American, which means unless you have US programming with Dish Network you won't see it in Canada!

What do most people have for satelite...express vu or Dish network? Do we really want our Canadian Jetboat racing on an American channel and then not be able to watch it Sad
They suddenly seam quite interested after seeing some clips, just too bad the Rogers affiliates don't seem as interested Evil or Very Mad

Dano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell ExpressVu. You can't get Dish Network legally in Canada. The CRTC will have you thrown in jail for a longer period than if you killed someone.
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point exactly. The water channel in the states hits around 12 million US viewers. If they try to broadcast on express vu they are required to have 30% minimum Canadian content which they said would be impossible..
Even if they like the video I am sending they want $2000us from me to get it on the tube!!! Evil or Very Mad
So I say we ditch the Water Channel and get a Canadian crew to air the races..CTV all the way or maybe OLN

Izzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the Water Channel broadcast the American races and you can try to get OLN or someone else to pick-up the Canadian Races. Where are most of the races held, Canada or the US??

You would think that the more coverage you get for a sport the better it would become.
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Choice anyone Question
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice to be able to watch it on TV up here, but getting it broadcast anywhere would be a start - not if they want us to pay $2000 tho!?! That's BS! It's hot enough they should have to pay someone to be able to broadcast this sh*t...
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLN does tons of MX events... probably have a good shot with them Question

Definitely worth a shot...
Irish Lad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Spam The TV Land with jetboats Reply with quote

Kiss me Blarney Stone! well fella's don't give up the ghost on this, we all know that this T.V. worthy, it's the flippin' suits in the TV-land that don't... a while back i saw 2 hours of guys throwing a stick off a dock, his dog would run off and catch the stick, the judges, (uh-yeah, judges) would score them on form... what the hell! 2 hours of fetch on ESPN!!!! Son of FRiging #%&^**

So I have a few DVD's of me own, and if anyone has the e-mail of a suit and tie type guy in the TV land (US or Can) I will bombard him with e mails and any other type of spam, daily !!!

Moral of the story, where there are rivers, we will run them, where there are jetboats on TV, we will watch them... and so will everyone else.

A brief history lesson; Nascar, started out on a beach with some good ol' boys seeing who could go faster, no one watched but the racers and the locals, now look, a multi billion dollar sport where the whole world watches every sunday. Think Big or Go Home

Now I'm off to find me Pot O' Gold and some Fine Irish flavorin'

Izzy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the contact information for OLN, if people start emailing these guys asking for some great jet boat action maybe they will put it on!!

For questions or comments about OLN programming, please email us at

olnfeedback@tsn.ca
or write to us at the following address:
9 Channel Nine Court
Scarborough, Ontario
Canada M1S 4B5

Last edited by Izzy on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Spam The TV Land with jetboats Reply with quote

[quote="Irish Lad"]a while back i saw 2 hours of guys throwing a stick off a dock, his dog would run off and catch the stick, the judges, (uh-yeah, judges) would score them on form... what the hell! 2 hours of fetch on ESPN!!!! Son of FRiging #%&^**
Quote:

Hahaha I saw that too!!!
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I got from OLN.

Hello Vince:

Unfortunately, we will have to pass but thank you for thinking about OLN. We are not pursuing event-based nautical sports at this time. We have a time buy property in the schedule at this time, but it is paid programming.

Good luck with your project. All the best,

Patrice

Patrice Baillargeon

Program Manager and Supervising Producer | OLN
9 Channel Nine Court, Toronto, Ontario M1S 4B5, Canada
Direct: (416) 332-5364 | Fax: (416) 332-5861

E-mail: pbaillargeon@ctv.ca

What a fu$%ing joke!
The shit they put on TV these days...OLN will cover 2 yahoos doing wakeboarding, but won't consider boats racing on shallow rivers at 100mph..I don't get it

See how he throws in the speel on paid programming...in other words if WE want to pay they will air it @2am for $1500 Rolling Eyes

This was the response I just got about getting the 3 2006 Canadian races on the TV...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: