OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

175 sport jet bogging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brutis20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: 175 sport jet bogging Reply with quote

Recently when out on the river the boat was running fine, then after a while (an hour or so) when going over ~ 4500 rpm then reducing throttle the engine dies completely. I can catch it if I pump the throttle but it will die if I dont. It starts back up again and idles and ramps up fine, its just when I come off the throttle. If I do it realy slow I can keep it from doing this. I changed the fuel filter (main one), not really sure how to trouble shoot this but I do suspect a fuel issue. Anyone have this happen or know what it could be? Fuel pump? It an 2002 175 engine with about 290 hrs.
didehcho

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would clean the carbs out. may have a some clogged ports. Look for the two yellow wire coming from the stator, look at the connector where they may be tie wrapped on the side of the block. Seen them corrode soo bad that they melt.
sharky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it muggy out? High humidity causes carb freezing: there are vent holes in the top front of the carbs that gets plugged with oil, block them off with gasket (there is additional vents up top so doesnt hurt to block the front ones.

Check compression, dead cyilinder causes this symptom

sandman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharkey is right, but don't forget to blow the vent holes clean with carb clean or something similar before plugging off the holes in the gaskets.
brutis20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if they plug they act up but I want to plug to solve the issue? Or partial plugging is what messes it up? Anyway I just want to confirm which ones to plug, if you got a pic that would be great. thanks
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug the little holes between the 2 carb throats. The emulsion gets in the vent tubes and throws everything out of wack. You can make new gaskets without the holes, or put a piece of tape over the existing holes. the float bowl will now get its pressure signal from inside the engine bax rather than the air box. Those little holes are connected upwards as well as forward. Plugging them off didn't seem to affect gas mileage or anything when I had my 175.
brutis20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks I will try that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: