OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking at first boat for the fort Nelson region

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Looking at first boat for the fort Nelson region Reply with quote

I'm not a hunter unfortunely so I'm looking for a nice "lake style" river boat. Bare with me here...
I found a sabre e6 with a 350fi and a 309 that I really like. Trouble is its a 12 degree. I understand tuchodi only in the spring. But can I use it without trouble elsewhere? Also for when I take it south to the Shuswap what can I expect as a top speed on the lake?
Or should I scap this idea and start looking at other options?

REPO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is your first river boat, you probably don't want to be taking a 12 degree up the Tuchodi. I think you really need to decide what boating you want to do. A boat that will preform well on a lake, will not be very good on shallow rivers.
summersled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the same boat (hahaha) last year when I bought my first boat. I don't hunter either and thought the E6 was the boat for me cause it was pretty too look at and would handle the rivers and the lakes. Repo is right, buy a boat for what you are gonna use it for and you live where there is some pretty boney water. They pretty much invented tough 8 deg boats up there. Muskwa, Nahhani, Tuchodi Specials... I sold my E6 this spring for a couple reasons, it was too small inside to carry lots of people and gear, mine used lots of water (mine was a 16 deg step tec) unless you were going really fast which isn't cool with the wife and kids(a 12 deg delta pad would use a lot less), we couldn't camp in it, and after a season of owing my own river boat, the only lake boating I would do would be on a pontoon or house boat, nothing compares to river boating. If you do lots of water sports than the E6 might be the boat for you but its still not a lake boat. I just brought home a used outlaw muskwa (8 degree) and can't wait, lots of room, it can handle any river you throw at it and thats worth the piece of mind...plus you could still drag the kids around at the lake once and a while or drag it behind a house boat...I don't know if anyone buys the right river boat the first time, I didn't cause I didn't do enough home work...just my 2 cents. Good luck
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys
REPO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: