OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

patrol boats
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highnwild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: patrol boats Reply with quote

since outlaw made so many new boats for the rcmp, was wondering if the fort st john detachement recieved one..........that would suck.
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our days of not seeing rcmp on most rivers is going to be over soon. I have never seen one in the NWT and I bet we will soon.
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a whole page written on what is going to happen but I had to delete it because it scared me half to death. It is going to be a sad year in boating.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
WILSON

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments sound grim...

What kind of regulation might they be enforcing???

Speed limit? (could be bad)

Drivers License?? (hassle)

Boat registration?? (hassle)

No boating areas?? (could be worse)

No drinking and boating??? (WHY GO BOATING????)

shallow draft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the bottom line is that the rcmp will have to justify their new toys. That means lots of documentation regarding stops and license checks and most importantly tickets.
Tickets that convert to income to pay for these toys are going to be the justification of the mega dollars spent on new equipment, training and wages.
Get your boat numbered and have a copy of the paper work. Also have your boat operator license handy because we are in fo a year of hassel.
This is a solution in search of a problem.

Alumaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wont bother you, Rolling Eyes they will be looking for rock throw'n surfers on the upper Kananaskis or fly fisherman on the Red. And lets not forget those litter bug tubers.
Boomhower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is 1 is goin to whitecourt, 6 to the Yukon, 3 to NW Terr., 3 to Calgary, 2 to Edmonton. they will then be posted as needed. The upper Red Deer and Clearwater and Brazeau I dont think will ever get any patroling. So stick with the challenging technical rivers
mountainman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will be patrolling the Wapiti & Smoky out of GP anytime? Or any of the Northern BC rivers like the Muskwa and Tuchodi.

We need to all have radios installed with a private channel to alert of incoming patrol boats! Twisted Evil
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to brush up on the regulations and the amount of power that the RCMP have on the river. The Coast Guard has jurisdiction and there are alot of rules pertaining to what you can do on a navigable water way that the RCMP have no say in. They cannot close a navigable water way and I am not sure if they can even put a speed limit on it. Fish and widlife have a little more though. We just have to know the rules because they will try and confuse you into admitting something like they do everywhere else.

Last edited by boosted on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boosted wrote:
We really need to brush up on the regulations and the amount of power that the RCMP have on the river. The Coast Guard has jurisdiction and there are alot of rules pertaining to what you can do on a navigable water way that the RCMP have no say in. The cannot close a navigable water way and I am not sure if they can even put a speed limit on it. Fish and widlife have a little more though. We just have no the rules because they will try and confuse you into admitting something like they do evrywhere else.

Well said
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got pulled over last summer by the big outlaw offshore boat the rcmp bought for Yellowknife..they were trying to enforce coast guard rules for being on the water. We had our stuff in order and as it turned out they were looking for lost sailers.
There were a few jetboats banged up at Tartan Rapids this year and I BET a six pack if the RCMP try to go up and down the rapids they too will damage their boat especially if its a flat bottom.

The big question is how much authority do they really have on the water? Fish Cops are carrying pistols now.
Are there speed limits on lakes and rivers outside city limits?
Is a radio law?
Does the boat have to be registered with #'s?
Do you need a POC(boat drivers Liscense) NWT not yet.
Insurance?
Obviously open liquor and DD is what they are mainly trying to stop. We have all seem some funny stuff at boat launches..
And the stuff happening around Kamloops doesn't help either..wasnt it shuswap lake where the ski boat driver parked his 22ft ski boat in a 30ft pontoon boat and ran over a couple people.

boosted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are really confusing concerning boose because of the nature of a boat. The boat can be used as a camper. A boat without a motor is a canoe and you can drink in a canoe. It is legal to transport liquor in a boat from point A to point B. So if you are floating down the river having a beer and paddling over to the shore is it Illegal? See what I mean.

I am not sure that the RCMP can enforece the Coast Guard rules without someone from the Coast Guard being there. It would be like you or I enforcing them. Lots of murky stuff

Iam not sure on all of this so I think I am going to have to do some reading.

shallow draft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure you can drink in a canoe or raft as it is a public place and you cannot consume liquor in a public place [without a permit] that is not your temporary residense such as a tent, camper, trailer or camp site. The young rafters that float down the river on the few hot days we get are going to catch hell from these patrol boats for illeagle consumption in a public place. I am not sure you can legally transport unopened liquor in your boat, so even unopened beer in the back could be cause for a ticket

Last edited by shallow draft on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right with the consumption but you can transport unopened liquor from A to B. As long as your destination is private property as you have said or it is intended destiantion to camp and you have your camper with ie tent, camper top, slepping bag.

highnwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukon is sure getting their fair share,,, poor guys,,, when you consider they only have a year round poulation of less than 30,000 people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: