OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 unlimited classes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: 2 unlimited classes Reply with quote

probably going to sworn at over this one but I know its on quite a few peoples mind! But figure theres no bad feed back as it gives both pros and cons. with the birth and increasing popularity of these turbine boats and the crazy speeds they are reaching I think there should now be 2 unlimited classes as there is quite a bit of difference in speed between the two. Now i know they have yet to beat a piston unlimeted boat but lets face it it's an enevatablity the days coming soon!the reason i think this should be done i know we will be losing racers if we dont separate this class. As it stands from what i hear there are going to be around six or so turbine boats runing at the next worlds which is more than enough to justifie their own class other wise there going to end up squeezing out the guys who run piston unlimited that dont want to go to turbine but cant compete against them if they don't so they quit! thinking that why go race if you know your beat before you hit the water. That and theres enough for the two classes if its done soon enough otherwise i think this is the begining of the end for piston unlimited and some really amazing racers. heck even rename it and put some rules on it say ....
-new a class
-650ci max dis
-burn gasoline for fuel
-be of the piston type
-jet for propulsion
-21ft min length
anyways just my thought so lets hear yours!

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Will says....it's best to openly discuss it now, instead of just letting the piston guys die off slowly. This sport needs to grow and we don't need the high cost of a Turbine boat being a factor in the top class. I wonder if Chad and Spencer are thinking of calling Rob? Dale probably has something in the works too. Might be a class shuffle coming up to keep things intresting. My 2 cents!
rebel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree, if you don't seperate the unlimited class the piston guys will stay home. Like Will says beat before you hit the water. The Canadians, New Zealanders,Mexicans and Americans spend big money to come here to race therefore; you may not see them unless they are running turbines. Split the unlimited class up and they will keep coming. Keep everything on an even keel and keep the fun in it.
I know we are new here and we plan to put an FX boat together for 2011.
As it stands now anyone can win in any of the classes except the unlimited,
split it up and the anyone can win in any of the classes. I know a good thing when I see it and this is a good thing. Lets keep it fun.
Les@wildernessriverboat.ca
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are enough clases as it is, Unlimited is just that UNLIMITED, any propulsion pretty simple 2 me. Maybe a modification of the rules is in order but if you change the A rules then the guys running A motors will now have obsolete equipment. Its not an easy answer I guess but another class is the last thing we need.

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Felix. Unlimited has always been "any propulsion". To have even more classes would do more harm. If you add up the cost of the high dollar unlimited motors that have atrack record of blowing up, it's probably cheaper to put together a turbine. And,,,,not all turbines are going to run 140 mph for a whole race. There are a whole lot of things that can go wrong at those speeds,,,,mechanical and driver related.
RPM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree as well unlimited means unlimited engine choices so turbines meet the rules . we haven't seen too much of what they can do in a race yet , sure their scary fast but you have to keep it in the river to win . we will get to see more in the NZ marathon , but ya it will be sad to see the unlimited piston engine gone . hope that A and B class rules stay the way they are and that there will be a time again when enough guys can afford the hi-compression tunnel-ram engines and possibly allow a low compression larger cid. single carb. option to run with them ????
ravencrew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say leave the unlimited class. Times are tuff for most right now and adding them to the lower class will cause teams to have to up the anny to compete with the bigger engines. You just might start losing A teams if this happens. I know once C class in the states started getting more high tech the average joe was not able to compete. Over time it took its toll and we began to lose racers. Then C class went to FX and the drivers started to come back. People were able to go racing again with a stock sm. block. Just seperate the unlimited to UP 345(Unlimited Piston) and UT 345 (Unlimited Turbine) you could keep the best of both worlds in the same class with just a simple letter change. Just a thought. Hope I made sense??
hellsgate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than force a class splitup, why not create a new AA class in which both the current A-class and U-class boats could chose to compete? ie, leave the existing A class specs alone, but exclude the turbines from AA, piston-only but high cubes and/or no supercharger penalty? It might allow current piston U boats 3 choices in which class(es) to compete in a particular race, as well as leeway for balancing participation if certain classes have low turnout.

Last edited by hellsgate on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes alot of sense Raven. I know what Dawg and them are saying....but I'm thinking after a couple years of testing and tuning the Turbines will be dialed and untouchable. The others will be getting a free wash every race. It's only a matter of time, so keep a open mind on the big picture. Cost is definitely a factor, maybe natural progression will weed out the "UP" class. Once one does the math on longevity, it might be a no brainer to invest in "UT". Nice to hear Input on A-B-C classes as well. Time will tell!
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true enough! I feel that in the not so far off future it'll be all crate motor classes except unlimited because what did we honestly have...one boat in a all year except whitecourt and now he has the fastest jetboat in the world, one or two b boats so my thoughts are....
-UT (for all the pilots)
-UP (for all the grease monkey's that love good ol american muscle)
-Crate a class (lsx 454 620hp,zz572 620hp and 520 ford 620hp)
-crate cx class(ct525,ls515,ford392 and dodge???)
-crate sbfx class (zz4)
once again just my thoughts

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple good points, but somebody has to keep Louie at AMS busy as well! Smile
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he can look after the UP's
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on that Will, crate motor clases are the only way to keep this sport more affordable for the mases. Your class rating makes alot of sense.

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Kev-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes an LSX class would be interesting, The ZZ572 crate motor never really lived up to the hype (great hot roddin motor I'm sure)

Kev-o

fx87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the time penalty for engine swaps to keep the up boats competing whith ut. It is ul- unlimited money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: