OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

home made boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: home made boat Reply with quote

i have seen a few guys who have built jet boats out of 12-16ft aluminum boats with jet ski motor and pump in them. Does anyone know a of web site that i can get plans for it off of? Does anyone have pics they'd be willing to share to help guide me in this.
Kev-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You kinda gotta wing it with a project like this seen lots of stuff on you tube, that would be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Kev-o

don wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 100 percnt home built alum welded 1/8 in and 1/4 in keel 9 ft long 4ft wide boat with a 650 waverunner engine and jet it does 35mph with 2 guys in it and itll run a dried up ditch, nevermind the simonette in october.....thats a breeze. ive taken it on long trips for a small boat (up to 200km) the older yamahas work good because they have there own cast alum intake housing. u just need to build a grate for it to handle the beats and downsize the rock intake. i put a stainless solas race impeller in it which handles the gravel great. theres a cpl vids of some manufactured lund type boats on utube a little teflon and u would have an easy build boat. i evn have pics of a heli long lining me out of a log jam (under the log jam) with this thing. pm me ill be happy to show u the hellbilly or aluminum coffin as its also been called. and give u some insight for some ideas. im in mexico for a while rit now thou. as soon as i get some time ill get some pics on here of it. i
riverboater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there: As far as a design goes, just go to the building supply store and buy the cheapest wall board you can find. Then take your jig saw and cut out what you think will work, drill some holes around the edges and tie it together with zip ties. That way you get to stand back and look at what the finished boat shape will be. It is a lot cheaper to cut up cheap veneer that aluminum, once you get a shape you are happy with then you have the templates to use for layout and off you go.

riverboater

template.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.37 KB
 Viewed:  8197 Time(s)

template.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: