OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Williston Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Williston Lake Reply with quote

Above the Peace River Dam (Bennett). Has anyone had a river boat on tributaries coming into Williston Lake Question Are there any good rivers close to Mackenzie Question Who about the Nation River anyone been up it.
mockiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlimited places to go on the lake the clearwater is nice but most tributaries north off of lake usually have alot of logs and debris you can go up them some but when they get narrow you find alot of the debris piles, takes along time to pick through and maybe bring a wet suit so you can clean grate as some times cleanout won't clear it.
mockiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is on the peace reach sorry haven't been in the main part of the lake
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Parsnip river is a good time with a couple of good creeks & rivers to run once you get up a bit. You can run the Pack river up into Tudya lake and then into McCloed lake. The nation is a short run as there is a waterfall just out of the lake. One of the best runs is the Omineca river. Lots of variety and a long run. The Ospika is also a good run..so I hear.I'll hit that this year
don wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: the worse the drive.....the better the ride Reply with quote

i plan on making lake williston the summers exploration grounds for my fam this year. i know of an f.s.r. road in the pine pass that takes u about 80km up through the mountains to a campgound in a secluded inlet on the lake thats suppossed to be hard to get to but worth the work. i'm sure its the Calzon f.s.r. Anyone actually done the trek?
mockiam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is the clearwater you come into it is awesome in there but the trail in sucks , take it slow you will be fine. Some guys come out with bent axles on trailers.
Rock Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: best area Reply with quote

What would the best area/town to be based out of, for the best rivers nearby Question Out of the following areas which would the majority of you choose Mackenzie, Taylor, Chetwyn or Hudson Hope. Are the Pine and Moberly the best rivers in the area Question
mockiam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pine is nice don't know about it from east pine west to the bridge on Chetwynd highway heard it is challenging never been that far. But from the bridge on Chetwynd highway to
Sukunka up to the falls is great ( my Favorite ).
Murray up to the falls is nice. Falls are worth the trek.
Moberly seen the mouth at the peace and video from there up looks wicked.
Peace is nice all the way from Taylor to Hudson's Hope.
Halfway been up 1 hour need to pay attention water usually dirty & shallow
Wlliston like I said is unlimited.
Never done the Macenzie side but I don't think you can go wrong anywhere up here it is all nice and if you want to get into some challenging waters they are not hard to find.
miklegend1956

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: favorite Sunkunka Reply with quote

Your favorite Sunkunka Falls run? Is that to play bumper boats with others or save drownding natives falling out of boats LOL. The bump! was no fun! but thanks alot for saving the drownding victom again Dwayne! What color your new boat? You have it out yet?
mockiam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY KIM GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, IT WAS ALL GOOD THAT DAY. PICKING UP THE NEW BOAT ON THURSDAY IT IS ON STEVES SITE THERE ORANGE AND BLACK. DID YOU SELL YOURS YET ?
miklegend1956

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Wiliston Reply with quote

Not to be negatavie but Wiliston is a great lake for jet boats! But funking not! when the winds come up! Especialy with a shallow draft jet boat. All you welds are trully challanged! And orange and black sounds nice! Havnt sold my v-8 boat did a project sport jet this winter its for sale down at extra foods where your old one was have a look neet little boat!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a week up on Williston with 4 other River boats back in 2004, We drove north of Mackenzie and launched at Finley Forks, This road is ruff, so plan on a couple hours to get to launch. We then camped at the Wicked River falls and did day trips from there. We ran about 5 rivers but did encounter log jams at the mouth of a couple and could not get in. Fishing is great where the creeks run into the rivers, Big Dolly's. There were 3 days out of 7 we never got out on lake due to high winds. It's very remote, make sure at least 2 boats on the trip. We never made it as far as the Davidson river (I think this is the name) I here it is a nice river with good fishing, if I did it again I would camp as we went north and explore more of the rivers.

Gary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: