OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the Best Utiltie Boat in Alberta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ram

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: What is the Best Utiltie Boat in Alberta Reply with quote

Hey Everyone put your 2 cents worth as what you think is the best all around boat for Alberta, I own a 20ft Clearwater Powered by a 350 and a 309 Pump seems Great to me Would like other opinions. Very Happy
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can really answer this question, it is a matter of personal preferance. What you see as the right boat, I will not. Myself I prefer a smaller boat. I have a 16' Lynx with uhmw and a 175 SJ and I love it. It is not at all comfortable on a choppy lake but I don't really do any lake fishing. It works alright on the bigger rivers for fishing but when the water gets skinny and shallow she sure makes up for the areas where she lacks in, so this style of boat is what I choose. Very Happy
jethead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 18" lynx with the 250 opti. It has been very solid.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many people or how much weight do you want to carry?
sroney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will start off by saying you have a great boat, any thing put out by Outlaw is. I have a very similar set up to yours, and most days I am more than happy with it. There is times, when running shallow water, or skinny water that I would prefer something smaller and lighter, 6 or 8 degree bottom instead of the 12 degree, 14' feet instead of 20'. Then there are times when doing longer treks on big wide rivers such as the Athabasca were it would be nice to have a little more length to hual more people, fuel or gear, say 22'to 24' and have say a 16 degree haul so when you get out on a nice big lake, like Lake Athabasca and the wind picks up a bit that you can still travel with a bit of comfort in stead of getting slamed all over the place.

So I would say for me, there is no perfect all around boat for Alberta, you just have to look at what streches of river you will be running the most, and what exactly you want to do with your boat and try to shoot for something in between.

Shane
reeder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said sroney, I agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: