OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Do You Think Of This Boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeSpike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: What Do You Think Of This Boat Reply with quote

I have been looking at jet boats for a while.
I like the idea of going up rapids and white water.
I also like the idea of going up skinny water like in High andDry in the Moberly River video.

Found this boat. Will it meet the above uses. Any comments, reveiws, etc would be appreciated.

http://www.meanchicken.net/webmain/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1784

It seems like a good deal for the boat, just not sure what it will be capable of and if it is a good boat for the $$

Also it has the 241 hamilton - is this a good idea/pump- what would be the downside to this pump.
tuchodi51

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good deep water boat.wouldn't want to go anywhere near shallow water with it.
padgett114

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a nice boat and with a lot of extra's. I will depend on just what you will want to do with this boat and what the Vee is on the boat. Its hard to tell from the pictures. Price seems about right for economy. I would call Thunderjet if you are really interested and see what info they have on the boat and what kind of water they think it will run.
Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice deep water boat! STAY AWAY from shallow, We do alot of repaiaris on these and other models. If you buy it BEEF it up before you BASH it up, cheaper that way.

Kev-o

MikeSpike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you beef it up?? And what would the expected cost be -estimated.

If beefed up would it then be good for shallow water?

The thunderjet site indicates that the Maxim is Dead Rise = 12 degree , Deadrise Entry=40degrees, bottom is .250 X 84".

Any comments on the 241 pump.
Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong on this, It is a nice boat for certain areas and water. But the hull structure is sparce on bottom reinforcement.

We have done many of these type boats and it all depends on what you are looking for such as 1/4" or 3/16" QT-100 steel protection (external of course), 1/4" aluminum welded on the outside of the boat or an internal keel reinforcement 1/4" or 3/8" aluminum.

You would have to call our service dept. for a price but it is far cheaper to reinforce now rather than when it is beatin in and needs to be cut out!

Either way i have nothing against these boats it just depends on what you want out of your boat.

Kev-o

Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I own a 19' TJ Luxor 2008 and i'm very pleased with it. The finish on these boats is very nice and the welds are flawless. with that aside, you will need to beef it up if you want to do (too shallow) and bottom scraping rivers, the TJ's can take a good beating...(i'm the living proof) and they are a strong boat but they are not built as a specialized bottom hitter. Just compare with other brands, find what you really want to do on the water and decide what you need for a sled. There is no perfect boat there is always a compromise but as long as you know what you intend to do with your boat you will find something to fit your needs.

I really love my boat but if i had the cash i would custom build one for sure

this is only my opinion hope it helps, they are a great boat !!!!!!

Good luck in your research, these are fun time machines and are worth every single dollar you put in it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the one boat for all rivers, it does not work very well, that's why I have two River boats now, I run the upper Red Deer alot, but I now use my little 16 ft Sport jet, I towed a big 22 ft boat out last year with 4 adults and 4 kids in it, I had to shuffle 6 people back out to the dam first, then come back and tow the boat out, the guy had too much weight in the boat & full of fuel for skinny river, and was fairly new to river running, he only made it 8 km before busting out his grate and jamming a rock in the impeller. Years ago I hit one of those big rocks about 30 km up river from Sundrie, and the repair bill at Outlaw was 5000.00. So if you are packing a big crew make sure you stay in the biggar rivers and try to buy a boat with a Hamilton 212 pump and at least 400 + hp. Just my experience and 2 cents worth of info, good luck boat shopping, there should be some good deals out there this fall on boats. Smile
waterdog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great boats for deeper rivers, but do beef up the bottom Great boats for west coast rivers I have a 25 Ft with 8 deg DR and have treated it gently but still .250 QT-100 was needed Did you buy it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: