OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is The red Deer River around Drumheller?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: How is The red Deer River around Drumheller? Reply with quote

Hello Boaters
I am meeting family in Drum in a few weeks and was wandering if it's worth bringing the boat along.I own a 19 foot TJ... a little on the heavier side ...is it runnable around there? any input on the area, launches and any good spots worth seeing would be greatly apreciated,I will be taking the family along so i'm not looking for anything crazy but just a nice relaxing outing. Thanks in advance and keep on boating!!!!

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last couple of years I have boated there on Sept long weekend, great weather high 20's, lots of water for big boat, there is only the one boat launch to the west of town 20 km at the ferry crossing. This means if you want to boat through town your going down river, and there is no public place to take boat out. I went 50 miles down river and never found a launch. Besides this, it's a great relaxing trip, very scenic through Badlands )
Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I appreciate the input. i'm hoping to be around there in two weeks,sounds like the perfect spot for a quiet run with the family.

thanks

Frank
Viking502

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading to drumheller for the weekend of 29 30th.
I never even thought to bring the boat with me down there.
I am now thinking of taking it with us.
Any other info / warnings anyone has about this section of river would be greatly apreciated. I don't really like to take the kids on water that I have not checked out for myself, but from what has been said here it sounds like a nice relaxing tour.

Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I ended up in drum on the weekend but unfortunately did not bring the boat with me (too short of a weekend) but the river looked pretty good from where we camped south east of town close to the suspension bridge. Seems like the water is deep enough and pretty calm in that area perfect for a relaxing outing. hope this help i would like to find out more about the area as well

thanks

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: