OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pembina river.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angler1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Pembina river. Reply with quote

Hey guys I am thinking about going up to the mouth of the Pembina river where it runs into the Athabasca and try some fishing. I was wondering what would be the closest or easiest launch point?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega ferry would be closest but we were up there a few weeks ago and could only make it a couple miles in before it got sketcy.The Athabasca has dropped a few feet since then and the Pembina is shallow at the best of time's..... to my knowledge.Unless you got a extreme shallow water boat or plan on hiking up, I would say try the mouth.It should be good for fishing....we spent the night there and it was quite the hot spot for fisherman.There's also a decent creek another 30-40mins down that we've hooked up at.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-read your question and see you had no intentions on going up....only to the mouth.I guess I should have pay'd more attention to the question. Embarassed
angler1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Pembina Reply with quote

Thanks Arthur, so are you saying that it is dicey coming from Vega or not too bad? If so how long does it take as opposed to any other launches. Am running an 18 ft. Bobcat. Am going to this weekend probably Sunday.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be bad coming from Vega....there just might be the odd island that wasn't there before.I assumed you were going to go up and man is that shallow. Shocked I think you'll do all right there fishing.It seemed to be pretty busy for the 1 night we stayed.The Vega ferry to the Pembina is 30miles.Took us under a hour to get there with a couple stop's....(poking the bears Smile )There's a camp fire spot on the south side just up the trail 50yards.What time's the fish fry at.................. Razz
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you don't get any of those slimy jacks......

Shocked 55lbs out of Manitoba Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: