OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

river boaters are awesome! big thanks to the helpful crew!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-roc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: river boaters are awesome! big thanks to the helpful crew! Reply with quote

Huge thanks to the guys that helped us out tonight! Tyson, Jim, Gary, Greg, and a few others who I didn't catch thier names!

Got married last Saturday, and the wife and I decided to take my mom and her dad up the river for a bbq to thank them for all thier hard work....

Turns out that was more hard work.....

Wife said stop or go left. Stopping wasn't an option so I went left and got hung up in a back channel.

Thanks again guys! Hope to be able to repay you guys some day !
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good folks on the river. Iv'e boated all my life on the ocean, every lake in BC and the ones in AB that are any fun at all. Just got into river boating a few years ago with ..well.. lets just say the most impractical river boat you could ever imagine buying, especially for starting the learning curve. What I found is people are more than happy to give you a hand through everything whether its simply asking questions to helping you get mobile after running out of water or talent. Total opposite of most lake boaters. Most lakers will drive right past you unless you are wavibng your arms like a mad man or on fire ( yeah - been there to) River boaters that I have come across always slow down or stop to ask if everything is cool. and if your beached just wanna BS about boats. Most of the lake dudes are about telling you how much better their shit is than yours and why you should own what they own. Vernon launch ramp really pissed me off this summer with guys laughing at people rather than helping either launch or load boats. They claimed to have so much experience yet wouldn't take the time to show people how to back up. I spent an hour helping people in and out one day and lost it on 4 morons in a Wake board boat while this couple was having trouble get in to launch . Holding up traffic , getting embarrassed while so called boaters just heckled them . stupid MF's wouldnt help so I parked my truck and 44 foot trailer so they couldnt get their truck out and helped the people. Luckily mybud was 6'6 and 380 lbs ,,lol Would not have happened on the river, everyone would have helped and got shit going right away.
JR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOLIGAN wrote:
Some good folks on the river. Iv'e boated all my life on the ocean, every lake in BC and the ones in AB that are any fun at all. Just got into river boating a few years ago with ..well.. lets just say the most impractical river boat you could ever imagine buying, especially for starting the learning curve. What I found is people are more than happy to give you a hand through everything whether its simply asking questions to helping you get mobile after running out of water or talent. Total opposite of most lake boaters. Most lakers will drive right past you unless you are wavibng your arms like a mad man or on fire ( yeah - been there to) River boaters that I have come across always slow down or stop to ask if everything is cool. and if your beached just wanna BS about boats. Most of the lake dudes are about telling you how much better their shit is than yours and why you should own what they own. Vernon launch ramp really pissed me off this summer with guys laughing at people rather than helping either launch or load boats. They claimed to have so much experience yet wouldn't take the time to show people how to back up. I spent an hour helping people in and out one day and lost it on 4 morons in a Wake board boat while this couple was having trouble get in to launch . Holding up traffic , getting embarrassed while so called boaters just heckled them . stupid MF's wouldnt help so I parked my truck and 44 foot trailer so they couldnt get their truck out and helped the people. Luckily mybud was 6'6 and 380 lbs ,,lol Would not have happened on the river, everyone would have helped and got shit going right away.

Very well said... Jet Boating People are wired the best way LOL and will help till the cows come home.... Cheers...

j-roc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm DEFINITELY happy to finally have pulled the trigger on getting into boating. Best move i've ever made.

Thanks again to all the awesome Peace River and area folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: